13 replies to this topic

#1 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 December 2004 - 11:31 PM

I'm SOOO sick of Honda kids and their steadfast belief that the VTEC engines are the most amazing advancement in the sports car world in the last. I guess I don't get it.

A 4 banger engine.
No torque.
No Displacement.

What's the hype? Anyone?

#2 Hercules Q Einstein

Hercules Q Einstein

Scarface

• PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 11:57 PM

The point is most kids dont even know what VTEC is. They just hear Honda made a VTEC engine and think "WOW I hope they make a sticker that says VTEC".

#3 celinedrules

celinedrules

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 December 2004 - 11:59 PM

I use to like Honda's but now that everyone has one I don't anymore.

#4 MoeMan949222

MoeMan949222

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 December 2004 - 06:06 AM

They are in Love with it because when it hits 5000 rpm, you get that extra boost/high rev sound wink.gif

Ppl swear that helps a lot........

Nice way for Acura/Honda to sell themself

#5 fishlord

fishlord

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE (MoeMan949222 @ Dec 9 2004, 07:09 AM)
They are in Love with it because when it hits 5000 rpm, you get that extra boost/high rev sound wink.gif

Ppl swear that helps a lot........

Nice way for Acura/Honda to sell themself

Mazda uses variable timing as well... tongue.gif as does pretty much every other car maker. Ricers have just over glorified vtec. It is pretty sweet when u think about it though... good mileage at lower rpm and then being able to switch to a more agressive timing when power is needed and not just burning extra gas all the time. (wow that was a terribly put together sentance)

#6 krustytheclown

krustytheclown

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 09 December 2004 - 08:01 PM

I hope this didn't get started because of me, about the conversation we had in the other topic.

I'm not a honda fanboy. Most people (at least around here) just get a civic hatchback, paint it some god-awful color, put a ginormous wing on the back, and with an exhaust system that sounds like its a dying weedwacker, go around talking about how fast their car is.

#7 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 08:33 PM

My geo has a hemi, thats why I think Vtec sucks.

Actually, I think Vtec is pretty neat, too bad there are better alternatives out there from other car manufacturers

#8 unrealskill

unrealskill

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Interests:xbox specs<br />200gb<br />4,000 roms<br />70 games on hd<br />

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:01 PM

im a honda fanboy BUT.I hate the kids that make hondas so fucking gay man.Most of you have seen my crx and it dont look that bad.But the fags with just a intake and shity rims and a shity body kit shud go to hell. ( Editted by Rylinkus) thay fuck up hondas so bad like thay have a red civic and a blue hood and a green body kit and thay will think its cool man i dont get it at all.So dont hate on the kids that have a good looking honda that looks stock buts not.

PS.....VTECH KICKS ASS and u cant say a type-r is slow and it has v-tech so haha biggrin.gif

Edited by Rylinkus, 10 December 2004 - 05:10 AM.

#9 Altima NEO

Altima NEO

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, XBox, 360, PSP, Dreamcast, 3D Graphics &amp; Animation
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:27 PM

I personally dont care for Hondas, most because it seems like everyone has one. Its the kind of car high school kids get, because its all they can afford, you know what I mean? Anyway, the only reason Id ever get one (I wouldnt though) is for the reason they were built for, to be fuel efficient and economical.
If I was gonna rice out a car, it would be something with power, like a Mustang GT or a v6 Altima.

#10 MoeMan949222

MoeMan949222

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:38 AM

I can only host them temporarily
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#11 SupraKid

SupraKid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:my MK4 Supra and my xboxes :)

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:56 AM

HAHAHAHAHA thats a different car and there is NO way that car will be making ANYWHERE near 580whp with a teenie weenie turbo and a teenie weenie intercooler like that.....not to mention its a different motor rolleyes.gif .. go away troll.

Edited by SupraKid, 10 December 2004 - 03:57 AM.

#12 celinedrules

celinedrules

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:21 AM

Dude thats not even close to being the same car. There are way to noticible differences like:

Everything!!!

#13 unrealskill

unrealskill

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Interests:xbox specs<br />200gb<br />4,000 roms<br />70 games on hd<br />

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:26 AM

well like a said befor buddy thows where old pics about 2years old if you new motors thats the old motor it wus a b16b1 there buddy.and the motor in the new pic is a b18c1 bord out 2.0L so dont start stuff again man just stop.learn your motors befor you talk shit.and i told you my body kit got mest up(in a race) biggrin.gif it all had to me throw out so i put the old shit on.so shhhhhhhhhhh

#14 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:59 AM

Assuming the role of moderator for a sec here.

OK, hijacking my post with this shit over whether or not he has a car is lame. Several posts deleted sine they contained no relevant info. I left the pics.....

ALSO, racial sterotyping will not be tolerated in ANY form here. I don't think ANYONE can claim that ALL Cubans or Asians or the Dutch all mod their Civics in a similar manner. I'm not trying to be an ass, but it's simply not needed and is gonna cause problems.

Lastly, If anyone has an issue with a post dissappearing or anything to that effect feel free to PM me. Don't bring it up in the thread.

Thanks

Moderator mode off.

My Honda issues have nothing to do with this board or nyone on it. Honda makes some very nice cars. Just not sports cars. The magic of VTEC fails to make it a worthy sports car in my mind.

Here's my take on VTEC. Almost EVERY car now uses neat tricks to help both low and high end. Mazda had the VRIS system (Variable Resonance Inake (Or Induction) System.) around the time Honda started VTEC. They had Another setup similar before, but I can't think of the acronymn. Either wayseveral car companies use Variable Valve Timing and such now.

The biggest arguement I get prmoting VTEC is that it's produced wonderful HP/L numbers in an N/A engine. While this is a admirable feat, if it's HP numbers are no better then that of say a Z28 which is RWD, has more HP and TQ, and still get's similar gas mileage then whats the point? While 200 HP in 2 liters may be a nice though, I'll take the 300HP car for my money, even if it requires more displacement to do it.

BTW, the engine is a VTEC. My phone is a V-TECH. I'd assume any honda guy would know.

Edited by Rylinkus, 10 December 2004 - 05:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users