Photo

Official Best Dashboard Poll

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Which dashboard do you consider to be the best?

Which dashboard do you consider to be the best?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 December 2004 - 04:00 PM

This poll is to help see which dash everyone prefers to use. It is an updated replacement for the old best dashboard thread. Since the last poll was created 9 months ago many opinions may have changed so this will serve to more accurately reflect the current state of things. You can only vote ONCE, EVER in this poll so please take into consideration the following before voting:

GUIDELINES
  • Do not vote if you've only tried one dash. Wait until you've tried a couple so that your vote is more educated.
  • Keep in mind there is no "BEST" dashboard. It's a preference, everyone likes different things. Sometimes this message gets lost within the depths of a thread.
  • This is a good place for the unexperienced to come to research dashes. Before or after you vote it would be extremely helpful to post WHY you chose the dash you did. What do you like about it that you don't like in others, etc..

#2 tore-

tore-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 09 December 2004 - 08:19 PM

I like avalaunch the best, evox was my choice but it lacked the ability to play music.

#3 itsmee129

itsmee129

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:i like xbox and chicks :-)

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:33 PM

Unleash-X by FAR! avalaunch sucks dude

#4 Psilocybe

Psilocybe

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 02:42 AM

Ok to help to "Celebrate" this new thread i not only updated my website ( http://psilocybe.emo....com/dashboards and http://psilocybe.sup...com/dashboards/ ) but i also created a new chart making it easier to compare features amungst all dashes http://psilocybe.emo...arisonChart.htm

#5 trentdadi

trentdadi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:58 AM

It used to be UnleashX but with the new update, it is now by far UnleashX. Avalaunch would be my next choice. Also, I can understand you putting bsx and thc in there but why did you put UIX in there too?

Edited by trentdadi, 10 December 2004 - 04:01 AM.

#6 Psilocybe

Psilocybe

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:13 AM

i didn't put uix anywhere, and if you meant "why didn't i" then it's because it isn't out yet, when it is i may get rid of the bsx/thc section. also i'll probably never add any of the other dash mods as they are mainly all just mods of thc/bsx anyway

#7 Psilocybe

Psilocybe

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:32 AM

for some reason i'm not aloud to edit my own posts in this forum section, not quite sure why the admins did that, hopefully it was an accident when they were messing with something else, if not please reconsider

anyway here is what i tried to post

*edit* sorry sometimes i get a little narcisistic and assume everyone is talking to me. I think mrR did that looking to the future seeing as though uix will more than likely be out within a few weeks. also for those taht don't know this poll may just be 2 weeks 2 early, as NexGen v2 (completely new, not from the .95 build) will be out then, but 2 weeks shouldn't hurt too much

#8 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 December 2004 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (mrRobinson @ Dec 9 2004, 05:03 PM)
Keep in mind there is no "BEST" dashboard. It's a preference, everyone likes different things. Sometimes this message gets lost within the depths of a thread.

Hrmm then why Name the Tread title
"Official Best Dashboard Poll"
voted for Unleashx anyway

#9 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory

Posted 10 December 2004 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (Jezz_X @ Dec 10 2004, 12:09 AM)
Hrmm then why Name the Tread title
"Official Best Dashboard Poll"
voted for Unleashx anyway

Because "The Official, what is in your opinion the best dashboard/dashboard you use the most Poll" didn't sound as good. And I wanted it to be clear it was a replacement for the other thread titled similarly.

Edit:
Regarding Editing your posts: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=315812

Edited by mrRobinson, 10 December 2004 - 03:05 PM.

#10 trentdadi

trentdadi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 09:20 AM

Yeah, I think the rule is you cant edit a post more then 15 minutes old.... not sure on that though.

#11 -Natas-

-Natas-

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 December 2004 - 09:50 PM

I still prefer Evox over the other dashes I've tried (Avalaunch, UnleashX, Blackstorm, Thc). I don't need someting big and flashy, I just need something that is stable and will launch what I want it to launch. EvoX gets the job done and has never given me any trouble. wink.gif

#12 CaTcHa

CaTcHa

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 07:09 AM

I must apologise now for my stupid error I meant to vote for UnleashX but the mouse slipped and I accidently gave MXM its first and only vote

Ifeel like a dork and must now rush to the MXM thread and praise the vacant lord laugh.gif

#13 thefatness

thefatness

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, retro games, xtreme sports, football

Posted 21 December 2004 - 05:42 PM

well up until recently I have been using EvoX. I got avalaunch on the other day and I messed with UnleashX and I want to put on tHc. Sooooo, I voted the lone 'multiple' b/c as of now, there isnt really one that I dont like messin around with

#14 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 11:46 PM

UnleashX. Loads fast, but yet is still feature full. It has many features that cannot even be found in other dashes. It includes preview videos, screen calibration, file manager, ability to extract zips and I believe rar files as well. It also has the best skins (although MXM may have better skinning ability but it has not been shown). And I am not talking about quantity of skins (cough, cough EvoX dry.gif ) but the quality. UnleashX is a great dash. I love it and I put it on everyone's box that I mod. smile.gif

#15 Cascade

Cascade

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:38 PM

Used to use UNLEASHX as default. Then I made tHc my default. Now I use DASH2GAM for FTP or NEODASH. I can't decide which I like best. As long as it's not the plain ass M$ shit then I like it. But I really like tHc cept it doesn't have ftp yet. (dash2gam is pretty sick to but it needs some sound) tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users