bikehorn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Interests:guitar, bass, classic rock, xbox, apple computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:47 AM

Well hello there. I've got this 1.6 which looks way cool in its Crystal case. i had it modded, and since i was cheap, i went with an Aladdin XT instead of a more recent chip. but i seem to be paying the price now. i have the most annoying time ever trying to flash the BIOS...since i haven't found one that doesn't cause my Xbox to lock up with the Aladdin in. i asked the dude who modded my Xbox, and he said that it might help if i go for the Xenium...i like the onboard OS idea. he's offering the chip for the difference in price between the Aladdin and the Xenium.

is it worth my time? my Xbox has become almost unplayable with most games because it locks up so often.

#2 HDuffStalker

HDuffStalker

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:21 AM

if you buy it, see if you can get a lpc rebuild kit, for itthe 1.6 are diffrent and there might be some sodering involved, cant say for sure, just check out some tuts on it

the xenium ice is a good chip, i'm very sadisfied with mine

#3 Sabre22

Sabre22

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 01:18 PM

I would go with the Xenium Ice if the price difference is not too much. If the guy who installed your xbox see if he has the lcp rebuild in stock other wise use wire wrap wire to rebuild the lcp. Definately the Xenium has alot of kewl feature in it too. tongue.gif

S

Edited by Sabre22, 10 December 2004 - 01:19 PM.

#4 sayguh

sayguh

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 December 2004 - 09:37 PM

Definitly go for the xenium ice. There was one really long post somewhere about 1.6's and having to install a small resistor on the mobo in order to stop too much current going through one wire. If this wasn't done then the box wouldn't live too long (a year was the estimate). It was said though that the Xenium ice did not suffer from this problem. I'm not sure how the aladdin does but just to be safe i'd go xenium. Plus there awesome lil chips laugh.gif If I was wrong about the resistor, you guys can go a head and correct me, i know there has been a lot of controversy going on about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users