3 replies to this topic

#1 Flea420

Flea420

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 08:18 AM

Ok, there is no Tutorial on this, and I searched but couldnt find the info.

Does anyone know how you would connect regular LED's to the system?
I was thinking about Replacing the LED in the front center with a diferent color, of course that would be easy, but then maybe also putting a bunch near the side vents and one near the Jewel (Assuming I get a seethrough one).

Main question, where would you get the power for these? Is there a part on the board you can Solder them to, maybe using some wire as an extension?

Oh my bad, this shoulda gone in the Modding section.

Edited by Flea420, 19 February 2003 - 08:19 AM.

#2 methadone_pretty

methadone_pretty

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 08:33 AM

you can draw power from the hard drive connector. If you want to run leds off it you will need resistors. The red line is 5v, and the yellow is 12v. Running leds off the 5v you'll need a 220ohm resistor and off the 12v a 1kohm resistor.

The easiest way imo to get power from them is to buy a very cheap PC fan and then simply cut the fan off the connector. This'll leave you with a molex passthru with presoldered cables onto the ground and 12v line. I have one of these in my xbox, along with a slight mod to the 5v on it so i can tap power from there. The advanatge of this is if for whatever reason you need to remove it all, you can do without damaging any of the origonal xbox cabling.

hth

#3 Flea420

Flea420

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 08:42 AM

Ok, thanks, that helps.

But like about how many LED's do you think you could get setup in the system doing it like you say?
I am not sure how many I want in there, I havnt really looked the system over yet with LED's in mind, but I know I want to do something with it, and that may include having 6 or so led's, not o sure yet though, but just wanna make sure I'll have the power for whatever I want to do.

#4 methadone_pretty

methadone_pretty

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 08:56 AM

leds draw about 20mA at 3v ish - you could power a lot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users