2 replies to this topic

#1 [MPoWeR]

[MPoWeR]

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 09:02 PM

To anyone who can shed some factual knowlege since I am a Newbie biggrin.gif

I have had my XBoX for about 6 months now and I have done nothing to it, for the simple fact of all this confusion I have (Which there shouldn't be really).

What the confusion is or has to do with is this;

Honestly, what is the best mod chip to use in terms of upgradeability, options available, and doesn't require much soldering (none if possible)?

I am so lost as to what can be done to my XBoX. Is it that hard to get my XBoX working without a glitch? All I want to do with mine is play all DvD MoVies without no probs and NO REMoTE, play burned XBoX Games and get my XBoX to link with my puter. Would anyone be considerate enough to walk me through this as to what I will need and so on ? Your help would
so much appreciated. Thanks.

Jr. unsure.gif

#2 matt888

matt888

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 10:20 PM

Here's my take bud...

1. Get an EnigmahX Final or Xecuter. I've got an EnigmahX and love it, but then again, I've got a EE degree and soldering doesn't scare me. Xecuter should be less painful for you.

2. Get EvoX, Xiso, DVDx 2.0,FlashFXP and hook your xbox up to your computer with a hub or crossover RJ-45. Where to get this software I won't discuss here.

3. Install for EvoX and all hardware is shown in the tutorials.

4. Enjoy

#3 [MPoWeR]

[MPoWeR]

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 09:21 AM

"Get an EnigmahX Final or Xecuter. I've got an EnigmahX and love it, but then again, I've got a EE degree and soldering doesn't scare me. Xecuter should be less painful for you. "

What about this new Openbox Chip?

"2. Get EvoX, Xiso, DVDx 2.0,FlashFXP and hook your xbox up to your computer with a hub or crossover RJ-45. Where to get this software I won't discuss here."

The RJ-45, hub I have already hooked up on my home network. DVDx 2.0 I have as with FlashFXP and XiSO (BTW no matter how many times I try , it wont translate to English for me) ... What is and how do I get EVoX, I have not had any luck getting from here or anywhere, what am I doing wrong?

As for the networking do I just use a standard network cable from the XBoX to the port on my HUB?

Also it would be just common sense I presume that in order to play burned Xbox games I have to have a DVD Burner or can I use CD-RW MEdia?

Lastly (for now that is lol) Am I under the correct understanding that an XBox can only be linked to ones Home Network if its been modded? or can you still link it without modding it?

Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users