• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hovee

hovee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:51 AM

Hey all! I'm having a tad bit of trouble. I just installed a 2.6 xecuter chip on my cousin's 1.0 xbox. The install was slick as a whistle. But when i flashed the mod chip, things went a little crazy. It looked like it flashed just fine. Then i was able to install Slayer's 2.6 cd. Then i turned it off and it started goin crazy. 1 out of 4 startups it finally turns on and the xecuter logo pops up in the bottom of the screen. The other 3 times, nothing happens. The green xbox lights come on, but nothing else does. Nothing shows up on the screen or anything. And then in the evox menu it says by bios: UNKNOWN. So i'm just wondering what is going on. I know it's not my dvd's with the bios and the Slayers. Because i used the same DVD's for my xbox and another kid's xbox. Does anyone have any idea to what i could do to fix it?

What would happen if i would switch to bank 2 and bring up the cromwell bios and then flash the modchip again with the x2.4983 bios? What would happen? Please let me know! Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

#2 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:57 AM

apparently using the search feature is far too complicated since 80% of the threads here are about the same god damn problem!!!!!

there is a thread on this page called "Trouble with 1.6 box and 2.6lite chip? get some answers here" follow that writeup but use your bios in place of m8_16.

and ignore the 1.6 thing.. it's the same for every version box.

Edited by ubernewb, 13 December 2004 - 04:57 AM.

#3 hovee

hovee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 05:31 AM

Well thank you very much for your help and your kindness! It was much appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users