3 replies to this topic

#1 mccrans

mccrans

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:52 AM

Hi,
I've got an original 1.0 xbox, and recently fitted a 2.6 xecutor chip, using a xapter solderless kit. It worked fine, but the connection wasn't great, so I decided to solder it.

I re fit it using the wired connections, and the chip seemd to work fine, (blue light came on), but it came up with an error code 16, with or without the chup on.

So I unsoldered the lpc's, emptied the holes, and fit the pin headers, the chip seems to work, (again blue light), but now it frags all the time! I've soldered the 3 cables underneath, but its still fragging. I can't see any oversolder areas, and it boots fine with the chip off, so it can't be broken traces can it?

Help! Please!

#2 thepurpledino

thepurpledino

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:59 AM

hard to say without examining it...

But I'm pretty certain it's a botched solder job..

you have a multimeter?

#3 mccrans

mccrans

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 01:21 PM

Doh, Abotched solder job is hopeless isn't it?

No, I don't have a multimeter, were you going to suggest checking the currents?

I didn't think it could have trashed the connections if the machine still boots with the original bios?

On another note, would it be possible to transfer my backed up xbox hdd back to the installed hdd somehow? I've read that error 16 is a dodgy dashboard install?

#4 phat78boy

phat78boy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 05:54 PM

It sounds like it might be your d0 point. I would double check that, I'm sure you already have though. You might also trace it up and down from where you solder it to make sure the trace didn't break.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users