3 replies to this topic

#1 beta.03

beta.03

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 02:18 PM

I am brand new to the new Xbox MODDING scene and it seems like more fun than playing the Xbox itself tongue.gif I am getting my new box in around 2-3 days and I want to put a couple of light up mods on the box. As well as replace the case with a blue Crystal case.

Here are my questions....

If I put a 80mm Fan on my box....with this work out? I am looking at this fan right here: http://shop.system-m...PROD&ProdID=173

I'm thinking it will work, but I just wanted to make sure that you guys think it a good reliable fan as well.

Here is the other MOD I have questions about: http://www.svc.com/ldkmtbl1-22.html

How long of a Cathode light do I need? It says it runs off of 12v's but I don't want to have another wire hanging off my Xbox, and it would be harder to carry that thing around, is there some way I can just run it off the Xbox Power supply internally?

http://www.clearxbox.../xbox_blue.html

Is this a good place to order from? I also am considering the white Crystal case, as I am looking for a blue light up look. But will there be to much blue if I use a blue case? Which will work out better? Blue or White Crystal?

Sorry for the huge amount of questions, but please answer them...thank you

#2 ..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
  • Interests:I am a sophmore in JROTC @ Theodore Roosevelt High School in San Antonio , TX
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 14 December 2004 - 02:25 PM

Yes that fan will fit inside your xbox, but you may have to dremel the bottom edges for it to fit correctly between the motherboard and the power supply.

EDIT: for the cathode, go here ---> SVC cheap and reliable!

I've had my cathode from there for months, hasan't broke yet. I've ordered numourous stuff from there 10 our of 10 site! Buy 2 of those, they can run off of the Same inverter, 1 CCFL Fan and just take the CCFL off the other fan and stick it where the jewel is!

Edited by ..[[ModBoxMaster]].., 14 December 2004 - 02:27 PM.

#3 beta.03

beta.03

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 02:47 PM

Thank you for that link biggrin.gif Another question tho. If I upgraded my Hard Drive to 250G would I have to use more fans to keep it cool?

#4 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:40 PM

Probably not. You can cut out a small portion of the HDD tray for added cooling if HDD temp is a concern. I did that and I noticed that it dropped my temp about 10-15 degrees Farenheit on my 120gig, 7200rpm Hitatchi. There is a simple tut on the tutorials page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users