• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Static EMP

Static EMP

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 09:12 PM

I just installed my X3 modchip. I had a tough time since I had a 1.0 and had to do a wire install. I did a poor soldering job and it didnt work the first time, it just shut off and beep when I tried to turn it on. So I went back in, and resoldered everything. I still think I didn't do a great job (it's very hard with the small space and ton of wires you have to work with); however, it seems to be working now. The only thing that worried me was the first I turned it on, it shut off and beep, but the second time and almost every time after that it worked. Maybe one time later when I tried it, it didn't work, but I think the DVD drive resting on top of it may have had it in an awkward position, so I repositioned the modchip, and put the DVD rom back on, and it works fine again. The only thing I'm worried about is the 2 or 3 times it did not work. Why did this happen? Is this going to present a problem for me in the future? Is there anything I can do now to make sure it never happens again? It's not too big of a worry for me, since it seems to work fine now, but the 2 or 3 times that it did not boot up does worry me slightly.

Also, at one point the DVD wasn't reading anything, however I tried picking it up and putting it back in, and it worked fine. I suppose a little position tweaking can make your DVD work or fail? If this is the case, I'm not worried since it works now, but if anyone has an answer to that as well it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

#2 jimmymac70

jimmymac70

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 09:34 PM

I had almost exactly the same problem. Except I resoldered the D0 and the pinheader. And yeah I've got a v1.0 as well. Pain in the ass desoldering the LPC! Hopefully it should be ok now. Mine's been working about 6 days now with no problems so can't complain. Just waiting till after xmas so I can upgrade the HDD. Only going to put 120 GB in I think though.
Yeah so after all that waffle I would just suck it and see. I don't think there is too much to worry about.

Jimmy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users