• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Location:exploit related treasure hunts; finds re. MAEEE, UDE2 + "UD-eh!" per UXE, UEEE, UDDEE, UDDAE & Ndure
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 December 2004 - 06:15 AM

It'd be invoked from a retail dash by "EEing" .xtf's in /C/xodash, or /C/xodash/fonts, with settings_adoc.xip being the UD-eh! xonlinedash.xbe (see sig link).

It wouldn't "reset on eject" and could be used as a non-gamesave backdoor, on any current box.

It's possibly compatible with XBL (via retail 185ead00, currently) but the Live console would hang.

Can anyone think of other usages/benefits? If it's potentially worthwhile, forum mod's might pursue it eh...

_______
(Related: Direct booting via the xodash font route probably wouldn't be of use eh.)

#2 devz3ro

devz3ro

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 December 2004 - 06:16 AM

Already thought of smile.gif

Hopefully I can get new double dash fonts made for owners who do not have K:5713 and K:5838 as its still a great solution.

-devz3ro

Edited by devz3ro, 15 December 2004 - 06:19 AM.

#3 devz3ro

devz3ro

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 06:17 AM

Problem with this is definitely the live console access. Updating games would hang sad.gif

I asked rmenhal to remake these fonts (changing the landing zone) but realized it would be worthless, check out my last post on my live 2.0 thread if you are searching for a Uber EEE smile.gif

-devz3ro

#4 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Location:exploit related treasure hunts; finds re. MAEEE, UDE2 + "UD-eh!" per UXE, UEEE, UDDEE, UDDAE & Ndure

Posted 15 December 2004 - 06:33 AM

Nah, I've used that; it suffers ROE/J and needs a special gamesave. tongue.gif (It pioneered UberXBL .xbe's for some though eh. ohmy.gif)

#5 devz3ro

devz3ro

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 06:40 AM

Yeah it sucks with ROE but it is still possible to use the dvd drive if needed, it would actually be best for users with larger hard drives. But then again, a user could delete the gamesave from the MS dash and be screwed, so scrath the Uber EEE idea, its just an idea smile.gif. But back to K:5713 and K:5838 and their handling of EEE. I've noticed both on local 5713 & 5838 boxes that when performing the EEE on them it does not bios error. Instead, the box shows a dashboard error about not being able to read the disc (with no disc inside) and the box locks up.

Edited by devz3ro, 15 December 2004 - 07:05 AM.

#6 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE (devz3ro @ Dec 14 2004, 11:20 PM)
Problem with this is definitely the live console access. Updating games would hang sad.gif

I don't have Live so am a bit unsure about it; does this mean that XBL's updates for new content and/or fixes run via the /C/xodash/xonlinedash.xbe eh?

(185ead00's /C/xodash/update.xbe wouldn't hang, as it doesn't reference the xodash fonts.)

Edited by eh., 15 December 2004 - 06:50 AM.

#7 devz3ro

devz3ro

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (eh. @ Dec 15 2004, 07:43 AM)
I don't have Live so am a bit unsure about it; does this mean that XBL's updates for new content and/or fixes run via the /C/xodash/xonlinedash.xbe eh?

I am not 100% sure, but if I recall correctly it does. I remember messing around with it a while ago and having it error 21 I'll have to play when I get some time. Even if it does, the user could just update the game then install if they don't care about live dashboard access. It wouldn't be that bad.

I asked rmenhal whenever he had free time to change the landing zone in these fonts and remake the double dash fonts about 1/2 a week to a week ago. Hopefully we will have them to play with sometime soon. Whether it kills the console or not, it would be nice just to have the collection.

-devz3ro

Edited by devz3ro, 15 December 2004 - 06:51 AM.

#8 devz3ro

devz3ro

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 06:58 AM

eh.,

BTW I spoke with Pedro to get your email address. You have been invited to our small private circle (internal full of goodies smile.gif). Hopefully this will lead you to the road to becoming a moderator if you are interested. I will be speaking with Xant about your progress and what you have brought to the scene. Hopefully I can get you a position the same way I was able to get Angerwound and Pedro theirs. Let me know.

Sorry for bringing it up now, had to say it before I forgot.

-devz3ro

#9 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 07:27 AM

(I'm stunned; thanks, that's indeed an honor eh!)

#10 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 December 2004 - 12:34 PM

Great!!!! Nice job eh.

#11 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (devz3ro @ Dec 14 2004, 11:19 PM)
Hopefully I can get new double dash fonts made for owners who do not have K:5713 and K:5838 as its still a great solution.

Regarding "double dash"ing, I'd expect the kernel constraint could be overcome by using UD-eh!'s xonlinedash.xbe (via xodash fonts) instead of a pre-live dash (via C fonts)...

However, the DD method is always dash constrained (as 185ead00 doesn't allow it) eh.

Edited by eh., 16 December 2004 - 02:12 AM.

#12 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 December 2004 - 02:15 AM

I'd love to contribute to this, anything you can point me to, to get up to speed?

#13 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (devz3ro @ Dec 14 2004, 11:43 PM)
I've noticed both on local 5713 & 5838 boxes that when performing the EEE on them it does not bios error. Instead, the box shows a dashboard error about not being able to read the disc (with no disc inside) and the box locks up.

Regarding "easter egg"ing, I'd expect UD-eh!'s xonlinedash.xbe wouldn't be kernel constrained. I'd be very surprised if it's dash constrained too, so I'm wondering whether those boxes still had the M$ settings_adoc.xip in place (which isn't suitably dated for EEing on those kernels) eh?

#14 The_Truth

The_Truth

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 03:06 AM

hmmm.... good point eh... lmao... laugh.gif

#15 devz3ro

devz3ro

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (eh. @ Dec 16 2004, 03:15 AM)
Regarding "double dash"ing, I'd expect the kernel constraint could be overcome by using UD-eh!'s xonlinedash.xbe (via xodash fonts) instead of a pre-live dash (via C fonts)...

However, the DD method is always dash constrained (as 185ead00 doesn't allow it) eh.

No, you misunderstood what I meant.

I meant getting the double dash fonts remade to be used as EEE. They were the first used to make the EEE work to our advantage as you probably already know. The DD fonts and xbe as EEE still work on 5960 just not on the two kernels. rmenhals xonlinedash fonts method as EEE and DD as EEE both have their flaws, I just pick DD as EEE for full live access since I can tsop flash up and down from 5101 to 5530 to 5713 (5530 being the winner).

btw: wtf is UD-eh!?

Double dash in it's original form has been deceased for quite some time, I believe I was the one who posted about it when 5960 was first introduced smile.gif. Don't really remember though it was a while ago.

-devz3ro

P.S. I haven't forgot about you, just haven't had time to send any mail around yet, I'll get to it soon I promise.

Edited by devz3ro, 16 December 2004 - 04:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users