7 replies to this topic

#1 Raver758

Raver758

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 03:24 AM

Hey guys I had a question i bought another xbox from circuit city and i went and i started up the system and as i looked on the dashboard it had xbox live already on it does this mean modchips might nto work on this. yeah ur saying wow what a n00b but actully the only reasson i bought another one cause the other one i got last week chouldent have a mod chip put in it. My friend that installs them tried 3 diff kinds of chip and everythime he started it up all it whould do is reatrt itself 3 times. I just hopw this one works Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Raver

#2 gainpresence

gainpresence

11 herbs and spices

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 February 2003 - 03:27 AM

Your friend's not a very good solderer is he smile.gif

#3 Raver758

Raver758

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 03:28 AM

his a prof his done over 100 cause he owns a store he did my friend right next to me in 30 min

#4 gainpresence

gainpresence

11 herbs and spices

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 February 2003 - 03:32 AM

Well, when your xbox reboots three times after an install, it's an LPC point problem (bad soldering).

But anyway, if installed right, a modchip will work in your box.. Live will not affect it.

#5 Raver758

Raver758

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 03:38 AM

oh i understand So the person who installed the thing like toled me i just have a bad xbox shit happens once in a while so u think that fool fucked up my shit and just tried to cover it up. Thanks cause when he did my friends in like 30 min came out good.

#6 AdmStng

AdmStng

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 03:46 AM

just curious... how much did he charge you for the chip, and or the whole install? anmd what chip was it? and yea.. he didn't know what he was doing. you should give him this address. or maby even you should consider reading the tutorials and ask questions in the "newbie" section <---(not a flame, i'm being serious)

#7 Raver758

Raver758

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 03:55 AM

Hey i understand Well to tell you I onyl paid $40 because his my friend instead of paying $75 see what really happend first he installed these needles for X-Ecutor 2 Lite and he pluged it in then he tried booting it up wont work. So he toled me he whould take it home and pull out the pin and start soildering the wires this time cause he said theres 2 ways of doing it. so thats what happend..

#8 Raver758

Raver758

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 04:28 AM

he also said when he took the mod chips of the xbox works fine hmm was it really a bad soilder he messed up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users