#1 mimesis

mimesis

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 December 2004 - 06:26 AM

Since this section of the boards gets more responses than most others and it suits my time better since i work 2nd shift i'm wondering if anyone out there uses a rear projection TV with XBOX and if there has been screen burn from games? I've been thinking about getting one and that fact turns me off. So i'm wondering if I should just go with a LCD projection (sony WEGA) or a plasma since i'll be using it for gaming as well as HDTV. But if people are satisfied with rear projections and have used one for some time please tell me because i've found a brand new HDTV rear projection RCA for 899.99 with a free couch lol

p.s. - please no flaming i frequent this forum most of all and when i ask questions in other forums people never answer or it takes hours or even days to get an answer.

#2 lunatic0222

lunatic0222

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Lacrosse, Dirtbiking, Xbox, Computers, Hockey, Football
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 16 December 2004 - 06:31 AM

Cant hurt to help

I got a 42" Sony Rear Projection HDTV, alot of xbox has been played on it, Ive never seen a case of anyone i know having somthing burnt into their tv or monitor, its mostly the older devices

#3 .:[re\/erb]:.

.:[re\/erb]:.

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 09:10 AM

i had a 52" RCA Rear Projection tv. (Circa 1998) Played with the xbox on it earlier in the year for about 3 months. Didn't see anything wrong with the picture at all (i.e. no Screen burns or anything of that nature) Not sure if 3 months is long enough for anything to happen. But thats my expierience (<---SPL?)

#4 alienagenda

alienagenda

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 12:22 PM

typical xbox games will have no effect on the screen phosphors, however, i feel i must make the obvious statement that some games have areas that are completely stationary throughout game play and if one was to play such game and for some reason leave the set on for 24 hours i can promise you phosphors will begin to migrate and you will see shadowing after ...

i have a hitachi 57 HD rear projection and play continously, but i pay close attention to games with little green boxes such as ammo that never move around the screen....just in case i pass out and leave the game on...lol

so in short unless your prone to slipping into a coma during game play and not awaking for a day or so you should be fine....

my hitachi is brand new and i had one before for 7 years without an issue..

#5 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 December 2004 - 02:42 PM

LCD rear projection you wouldn't see burn-in. Plasma you would.

#6 Dolfhin

Dolfhin

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 16 December 2004 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (mrRobinson @ Dec 16 2004, 03:45 PM)
LCD rear projection you wouldn't see burn-in. Plasma you would.

You have about the same risk for ''burn-in'' on a modern Plasma tv as you have with a modern LCD tv.

#7 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 December 2004 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Dolfhin @ Dec 16 2004, 11:08 AM)
You have about the same risk for ''burn-in'' on a modern Plasma tv as you have with a modern LCD tv.

Uh, no. Plasmas suffer permanent burn in.

LCDs suffer hardly any burn in and if they do it is temporary. dry.gif

#8 stim

stim

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 10:12 AM

Plasmas are just as bad as a CRT RPTV (as Mr Ed mentioned). Some of the newer (more expensive) projection technologies like LCD or DLP do not have any risk of burn in.

Head to http://www.avsforum....threadid=406182 for loads of information on burn in...

Edited by stim, 30 December 2004 - 10:18 AM.

#9 mrchester

mrchester

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 December 2004 - 04:42 PM

it usually take 2-3 days solid to have noticeable burn-in

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users