MANHUNT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 December 2004 - 01:24 PM

I softmod Xboxes for my friends using MechAssaults LTools v1.8 rc.01 (with the LTools_dashes pack) and I was just wondering, I have posted on the forums that new games such as Halo 2, Ghost Recon 2, etc. have updates on them that will automatically update your Xbox and can screw up your softmod. Here are somethings I was wondering...

*To get the updates to you have to choose Xbox Live on the game you are playing to get the update or does it automatically update your Xbox when you insert the disc.
*Does LTools make it so you cannot get updates by renaming the dash or something (I know when you use LTools it moves the font files Xbox.xtf, Xbox Book.xtf to a new f0nts folder that it makes to get the updates does it need those folders)
*If LTools does not do this what is the easiest way to fix it so you cannot get updates, I have got clueless friends I mod there Xbox and they may not know what to do click Xbox Live on the game and there Xbox is no longer softmodded (and I know I could tell them but I would rather make it either way they cant get an update)

#2 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Location:exploit related treasure hunts; finds re. MAEEE, UDE2 + "UD-eh!" per UXE, UEEE, UDDEE, UDDAE & Ndure
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 December 2004 - 08:16 PM

(Dash updates are prevented by UDE/2/UXE based softmods; error 21 results and the softmod is unaffected eh. wink.gif)

#3 netdevil69

netdevil69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Playing the Drums and Bass. Listen to music (rock, punk, funk). Building Computers. hmmm..Xbox?
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 December 2004 - 08:22 PM

Instesting topic, and one im quite intrested in myself having a UDE box, for clarification, if a game updates your MS dash, you will get a service 21, but your replacment dash will not boot? (or will it?), and how do you correct the problem, can you ftp back in and replace the dash? (im running ltools also, i would think its a simple case of booting with the tray open to the ltools recovery screen?)

#4 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Location:exploit related treasure hunts; finds re. MAEEE, UDE2 + "UD-eh!" per UXE, UEEE, UDDEE, UDDAE & Ndure

Posted 19 December 2004 - 08:43 PM

(It wouldn't have updated the dash; it just 21's and nothing needs to be corrected eh. wink.gif)

#5 netdevil69

netdevil69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Playing the Drums and Bass. Listen to music (rock, punk, funk). Building Computers. hmmm..Xbox?

Posted 19 December 2004 - 08:55 PM

Im proberley just not reading this right, but after the reboot, i will get an error 21, and the next boot will be fine, or i will get a 21 while its updating, sorry its been a long day, thanks.

#6 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 09:08 PM

When dashupdate.xbe runs it's unable to initiate and 21's (because exploited .xtf's are in /C/fonts instead of the retail ones) which prevents it from actually updating anything eh. cool.gif

#7 netdevil69

netdevil69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 09:10 PM

Thanks for that,

thoses crazy little anti-establishment fonts files save the day. tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users