• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kdog2

kdog2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 04:03 PM

So I have been doing as much research on modchips, bioses, and dashboards as I can. The problem is Im starting to get confused. In all the tutorials I read it says that you have to flash the bios of the mod chip you install. When I look at the listing for the X3 chip and many of the other 4th gen chips it says they come with bioses. Is the guide I read just old or are the bioses that come on the chip not useful? If I am going to get a new bios what makes one different from another or does it matter which one I use? The third question I have is that I see many differences from the X2.6 and X3 chip. Is it worth it to get an X3? I am mainly modding my xbox so that I can use it as a media center of sorts, so I am going to want to have as much control as/if possible over audio output formats, and video output formats. Thanks.

#2 Phizzy

Phizzy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 December 2004 - 04:07 PM

When I look at the listing for the X3 chip and many of the other 4th gen chips it says they come with bioses. Is the guide I read just old or are the bioses that come on the chip not useful?

The bioses on the modchips are not useful for playing backups and so forth, but they are legal. You must reflash with a different bios if you want to take advantage of the capabilities of the modchip.

The third question I have is that I see many differences from the X2.6 and X3 chip. Is it worth it to get an X3?

For what you want to do, an X2.6 would suffice.

Edited by Phizzy, 16 December 2004 - 04:08 PM.

#3 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 December 2004 - 04:08 PM

the bios that comes on the chip has one use.

it enables you to flash a real (useful) bios.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users