#1 Hopeful

Hopeful

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 16 December 2004 - 09:47 PM

My friend turned his xbox off mid flash, so basically there are no bios on the modchip. Does softmod mean there is a way to install and boot up EvolutionX one time so that you can reflash a modchip? (No, the chip does not have a flash socket.)

#2 theinsanitytest

theinsanitytest

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:03 PM

using a soft mod you can get acess to evox.

idk how to help u wit the chip tough.

#3 JohnnyHunng

JohnnyHunng

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:05 PM

This is a tsp question, but anyway, if ur friend has a 1.0/1.1 version xbox, the "3 wire trick" could save his xbox...if not or 3 wire trick doesn't work, ur either gonna have to install an lpc mod to bypass the tsop or 29-wire mod to restore the tsop...

#4 Hopeful

Hopeful

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (JohnnyHunng @ Dec 16 2004, 11:08 PM)
This is a tsp question, but anyway, if ur friend has a 1.0/1.1 version xbox, the "3 wire trick" could save his xbox...if not or 3 wire trick doesn't work, ur either gonna have to install an lpc mod to bypass the tsop or 29-wire mod to restore the tsop...

That brings me to this question... If I get access to Evox, what's preventing the 'flash bios' command from flashing the empty chip?

#5 JohnnyHunng

JohnnyHunng

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:25 PM

It's not empty is why, it turned off mid-flash correct? If that's the case the tsop is messed up, u can't boot from it normally, like i said if it's a 1.0 or 1.1 u have a chance the 3 wire trick will work and u can solder in some wires to boot from another bank on the tsop and reflash the whole thing that way...otherwise, lpc or 29-wire mod..

Search the tsop flash forum for the 3 wire trick, terrovis wrote a tut for it.

#6 Hopeful

Hopeful

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (JohnnyHunng @ Dec 16 2004, 11:28 PM)
It's not empty is why, it turned off mid-flash correct? If that's the case the tsop is messed up, u can't boot from it normally, like i said if it's a 1.0 or 1.1 u have a chance the 3 wire trick will work and u can solder in some wires to boot from another bank on the tsop and reflash the whole thing that way...otherwise, lpc or 29-wire mod..

Search the tsop flash forum for the 3 wire trick, terrovis wrote a tut for it.

I'm not sure if you read what I posted correctly, but I may be wrong. It says the modchip was being flashed, not the tsop. The modchip is what's got a bad flash on it. I'm assuming that has nothing to do with the tsop, especially since the box boots in unmodded mode. Is there some reason I'm not getting, why I still need a tsop flash to get into evox and flash my chip?

Edited by Hopeful, 16 December 2004 - 10:32 PM.

#7 JohnnyHunng

JohnnyHunng

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:37 PM

Oops, u aure are right, i didn't read ur post right...Ok then, good, not a tsop problem...K which modchip is it, do u have an external programmer for it?

#8 Hopeful

Hopeful

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (JohnnyHunng @ Dec 16 2004, 11:40 PM)
Oops, u aure are right, i didn't read ur post right...Ok then, good, not a tsop problem...K which modchip is it, do u have an external programmer for it?

heheh, alright. beerchug.gif No biggie. It's an aladdin advance, and nah, it doesn't have a flash socket.

Edited by Hopeful, 16 December 2004 - 10:51 PM.

#9 JohnnyHunng

JohnnyHunng

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 11:09 PM

well then ur pretty much screwed unless u deinstall the aladdin, solder a pin socket onto the flash area of the mod and flash it in an external programmer...

#10 Hopeful

Hopeful

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 11:18 PM

Do you mean that flashing this chip won't work from evox? I mean, do you understand softmodding and all that, with the use of just an exploit, a memory card, and a game rental? Do you mean that evolution-x can't erase and reflash a partial or messed up flash, or that you don't think I can get into it from a soft flash? If you know something beyond that, why an evox chip flash woulld go wrong in this case, let me know before I get a memory card and start at step 1.

Edited by Hopeful, 16 December 2004 - 11:22 PM.

#11 smackattack00

smackattack00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 04:28 AM

If you can get evox to run, then up would be able to flash your modchip. biggrin.gif

If softmod doesn't work, you might investigate what a "bios disk"(its called something like that) can do. I came across it when I ftp'ed into xbins. I glanced over the .nfo file and it sounds like it loads a bios from disk (cd-rw or dvd-r) into memory when booting. I think its some sort of developers tool. So any ways, it might have the potiential to load evox, or I could be mistaken, because I didn't read enough to find out exactly how it works.

Probably the best and safest thing to do is have your friend spend $35 and buy a new exicuter 2.6.

Good luck. smile.gif

#12 taylorsattic

taylorsattic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 04:45 AM

well i got SC exploit it was under 800 kb my only problem I followed the tut and when i go to put it on the mem card it says its not the right save i played around with it and got it so linix would go on im really in need of help please just to get the mem card set up maybe an updated SC would work

#13 speedbump47

speedbump47

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 03:24 AM

It's been a while since I've had to flash something, but if I remember correctly, even if he got into EvoX, there's still no way to flash his modchip.

When the XBox boots, it boots one of 2 ways: either from the onboard TSOP (then into a game hack or softmod), or the LPC bus (where the modchip is).

Short of installing some more hardware, there's no way to get the Xbox to switch its boot mode while it's still on.

By this I mean: if he booted from a TSOP (then into a softmod/Game hack), the EvoX flash would try to flash his onboard TSOP, since that's how he booted. Same thing if he booted from a modchip: the flash could only affect whatever was on the LPC bus.

This is the reason that people can't fix a bad TSOP flash by installing a regular modchip, they have to use a 29-wire install that effectively overrides the onboard TSOP (then they can clip the wires and re-flash the damaged TSOP); regular chips only ground the d0 and force a boot off of the LPC, meaning you can't touch the TSOP.

The only way I remember that you could re-flash a cheapmod or other chip that didn't have an external programmer was to hotswap it into an Xbox that booted from the LPC (and also had a pinheader installed), but that is kinda dangerous if you're not careful.

Edited by speedbump47, 19 December 2004 - 03:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users