• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 liq

liq

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 12:11 AM

I just recently bought an xbox and i would love to put a smartxx chip in it and a larger drive to put all my games i own on it so i dont have to continuously switch games and such. But i've read that the 1.6c isnt hackable like the 1.6a/b. Why is this and is there anyway it will ever be? Im not 100% sure its 1.6c but it was built like 2 months ago so im sure that it would be.

Any explainations or suggestions would be helpful

thanks guys

#2 AlexK

AlexK

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 December 2004 - 12:51 AM

there is no such thing as a 1.6/a or c its only 1.6 or 1.6/b

#3 liq

liq

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 12:57 AM

oh ok well i guess i was misinformed. Well are those versions as moddable as the others?

#4 AlexK

AlexK

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 02:47 AM

yes you will just need a LPC rebuild which should come included with any purchase of a SmartXX

use this to double check your version

Edited by AlexK, 17 December 2004 - 02:48 AM.

#5 pROvIs

pROvIs

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (AlexK @ Dec 16 2004, 07:54 PM)
there is no such thing as a 1.6/a or c its only 1.6 or 1.6/b

There really isnt such thing as a 1.6b either. They are all 1.6 just some have inferior memory chips. These memory chips although usually hynix can be either samsung or hynix. I have also found Hynix boxes that work 100 percent with original 1.6 bios'. So because the advanced memory table was inside the original MS stock bios(and was just ignored by the original version of m8), and because we have this problem of identification and inconsistancy, it is safer to say that all xboxes were simply 1.6 and that the original hacked bios' just werent 100% compatible.

#6 Ice9Tech

Ice9Tech

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:24 AM

That's why we call them 1.6B's instead of just another 1.6, so we can tell the difference.

If you put it that way, then there is only one version of Xbox, because MS didn't choose the names, we did.

#7 pROvIs

pROvIs

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE(Ice9Tech @ Dec 23 2004, 01:55 AM)
That's why we call them 1.6B's instead of just another 1.6, so we can tell the difference.

If you put it that way, then there is only one version of Xbox, because MS didn't choose the names, we did.

View Post

You failed to see my point. there is no difference other than developers ignoring the expanded memory tables and it not affecting earlyram as it was of an "arguably higher quality." The difference is 1.0-1.4 and 1.6 were real changes between revisions. 1.5 and 1.6b are not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users