• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 December 2004 - 04:39 PM

CODE
<List Text="Toggle Splashscreen" Sort="Off">
<List Text="On" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
 <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="UX Splash Screen">This will enable the Unleash X logo \nsplash screen \n \nDo you want to continue?</Item>
 <Item Action="Rename" Arg1="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\UXsplash_off.jpg" Arg2="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\UXsplash.jpg">Rename spalsh</Item>
 <Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="Complete">UX Splash Screen now enabled. \n \nSelect OK to continue</Item>
</List>
<List Text="Off" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
 <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="UX Splash Screen">This will disable the Unleash X logo \nsplash screen \n \nDo you want to continue?</Item>
 <Item Action="Rename" Arg1="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\UXsplash.jpg" Arg2="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\UXsplash_off.jpg">Rename splash</Item>
 <Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="Complete">UX Splash Screen now disabled. \n \nSelect OK to continue</Item>

Just place this somewhere in your config.xml suitable/convient for you. I have this under my "Scripts" submenu .

Remember this is just a temporary fix untill we actually get this in the options menu (hopefully) tongue.gif

So little i give back to the UX community laugh.gif

Credit goes to UnleashX (for giving us scripting capabilities), Saoarween, Nailed and Miss Splitch(for the idea that lead me creating the script) smile.gif

:EDIT: giving credit where its due

Edited by kurisu, 17 December 2004 - 04:52 PM.

#2 isaac_24

isaac_24

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 12:18 AM

Great! biggrin.gif

#3 isaac_24

isaac_24

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 12:34 AM

You also forgot 2 </List> at the end.

#4 Saoarween

Saoarween

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 18 December 2004 - 01:47 AM

very nice work! beerchug.gif

#5 kurisu

kurisu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (isaac_24 @ Dec 17 2004, 08:37 PM)
You also forgot 2 </List> at the end.

Oh crap, lol im sorry guys. I did make that change with the 2 /list but i didnt in the one i posted.

Here is the revised one

CODE
<List Text="Toggle Splashscreen" Sort="Off">
<List Text="On" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
 <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="UX Splash Screen">This will enable the Unleash X logo \nsplash screen \n \nDo you want to continue?</Item>
 <Item Action="Rename" Arg1="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\UXsplash_off.jpg" Arg2="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\UXsplash.jpg">Rename spalsh</Item>
 <Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="Complete">UX Splash Screen now enabled. \n \nSelect OK to continue</Item>
</List>
<List Text="Off" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
 <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="UX Splash Screen">This will disable the Unleash X logo \nsplash screen \n \nDo you want to continue?</Item>
 <Item Action="Rename" Arg1="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\UXsplash.jpg" Arg2="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\UXsplash_off.jpg">Rename splash</Item>
 <Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="Complete">UX Splash Screen now disabled. \n \nSelect OK to continue</Item>
</List>
</List>

Again I am sorry to those who copied and pasted this and found your menu messed up, happens to me all the time laugh.gif

#6 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 December 2004 - 07:18 AM

This should help out some people. The new version can override the splash screen with a custom image. Don't count on having this an option you can turn on, or off at will. I'm sure most you haven't forgot the official logo contest that was held not so long ago. Well, this is to honor the contest winner and not to brag or anything. Of course, UnleashX wanting to be the most flexible and configurable dash, don't force the logo down anyone's throat. If you really don't want the logo, you can delete it and it will not be installed automatically again, until a new update that has changes to the internal resources comes out, or when you delete UnleashX's saved games.

Just FYI, the splash logo will only be displayed when the launching app/bios doesn't persist an image, as is the case when you do an IGR. If you have UX as the main dash, you will not see it from cold boot.

#7 kurisu

kurisu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (unleashx @ Dec 18 2004, 03:21 AM)
This should help out some people. The new version can override the splash screen with a custom image. Don't count on having this an option you can turn on, or off at will. I'm sure most you haven't forgot the official logo contest that was held not so long ago. Well, this is to honor the contest winner and not to brag or anything. Of course, UnleashX wanting to be the most flexible and configurable dash, don't force the logo down anyone's throat. If you really don't want the logo, you can delete it and it will not be installed automatically again, until a new update that has changes to the internal resources comes out, or when you delete UnleashX's saved games.

Just FYI, the splash logo will only be displayed when the launching app/bios doesn't persist an image, as is the case when you do an IGR. If you have UX as the main dash, you will not see it from cold boot.

Did not have any bad intentions when doing this, I just wanted to help the people who wanted an option for turning it on/off. I do remeber the contest and all the wonderful submisssions and such. If that were my logo in UX i would always want to see it rolleyes.gif

Heck, I've havent even used my script to turn it off because it doesnt bother me at all laugh.gif

Thanks for all your hard work UnleashX, you have made my xbox modding year (started nov 2003) a fun experience since "UnleashX" was the first dash on my xbox cool.gif

#8 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 December 2004 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (kurisu @ Dec 19 2004, 02:19 AM)
Did not have any bad intentions when doing this, I just wanted to help the people who wanted an option for turning it on/off.

Hey, don't mistook what I said for anything else. This is a good script and I meant what I said that it would help some people wanting to turn it off. The rest of what I said is talking in general. The logo is there but it doesn't take too much to remove it. This script is a proof of it, it will work, it will turn the logo off, and UnleashX won't even try to restore the logo if it's missing.

#9 isaac_24

isaac_24

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (unleashx @ Dec 18 2004, 07:43 PM)
Hey, don't mistook what I said for anything else. This is a good script and I meant what I said that it would help some people wanting to turn it off. The rest of what I said is talking in general. The logo is there but it doesn't take too much to remove it. This script is a proof of it, it will work, it will turn the logo off, and UnleashX won't even try to restore the logo if it's missing.

I also by the way like to have that option of turning it on and off. Unleashx, you should add that script to the config.xml somewhere in future distributions. I changed my splash to the logo from the unleashx.com webpage. I don't know if you remember that one. The white and purple logo with the white background. Greens never been my favorite color smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users