Kaer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 03:31 AM

Hi all!
My 2nd attempt at a script after a request smile.gif

First search for the game using the on screen keyboard, I think this is the easiest as compared to browsing the countless number of pages.

The saves available for the games will appear and click on them to download. It will also unzip imemdiately and create backups *.bak in the same saves folder, and if the saves are not working, you can select restore to get them back.

If u tested the saves and they are working great, you can clear the backup logs/files by selecting the clear option. Of course, in theory this sounds great but I haven't tested it much to be honest. Only tried on Pro Evolution Soccer 4, and that's working fine.

On another note, if the zip files happen to be not in the correct order or it contains another zip (it happens), the file will not unzipped. It also definitely will not work for games requiring a resign etc.

So, yah, if you would like to test it, please ensure you make your own neccessary backups AND DO NOT try it on savegames you have spent precious time on beerchug.gif

Download location: http://kaer4.tripod.com

Edited by Kaer, 18 December 2004 - 03:33 AM.

#2 Nastyman!

Nastyman!

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 03:29 PM

The second script from a guy who is just now learning python? *claps* biggrin.gif I will give this one a shot today, let you know how it goes. I am still enjoying the gametrailers script, good job and keep up the good work.

#3 Lukenatme

Lukenatme

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 December 2004 - 03:45 PM

sounds good to me, i'll participate and not player hate ph34r.gif

update: it locks up my xbox sad.gif

Edited by Lukenatme, 18 December 2004 - 03:50 PM.

#4 Kaer

Kaer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 05:11 PM

i had the locking problem but I thought I resolved it. Could you share what you did? I will try to improve the code further though. I think it could be trying to access a file that is not there, possibly.

#5 Kaer

Kaer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 05:54 PM

i had the locking problem but I thought I resolved it. Could you share what you did? I will try to improve the code further though. I think it could be trying to access a file that is not there, possibly.

maybe you can try downloading another version? I made some small changes, like dialogs etc and maybe a readfile problem. I don't really use xbox-saves much so I haven't tested it extensively, sorry

#6 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 December 2004 - 06:44 PM

Wow, just WOW!!!!
I was the one who cheekly requested this to Kaer... only 2 days ago, and to my amazement he has already achieved creating this!!! I have tested it with 3 games and all the saves have worked 100% well, I can't believe how nice this is to be able to do, now there's no need for xbox-save manager smile.gif
Thanks ever so much KAER, I've got a few feature sugestions that I'll PM to you smile.gif

#7 Lukenatme

Lukenatme

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 07:10 PM

I tried March Madness 2005, then I figured maybe it locked up because it got confused looking for a game that wasn't there. So I tried Halo 2 and that locked it up too.

#8 Lukenatme

Lukenatme

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 12:00 AM

I must retract my previous post by saying that, as is the case 95% of the time on here, the end user (me) was at fault. Somehow my DNS settings got reset to zeroes, and I didn't notice it until just now. The script works great for me! beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

#9 Kaer

Kaer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 12:07 AM

ok which part is it locking up for you?
Can you see the list of saves available?

I tried out both ncaa march madness -> could list but didn't try
halo 2 -> i downloaded a ntsc us save, working.
after that i restored my own stuff and deleted the downloaded profile -> working however a empty folder is left. I will handle this next time but more cruicial is to get rid of the lockups smile.gif

and chillin dude -> no problem, Im just glad its working for u

#10 Lukenatme

Lukenatme

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 12:26 AM

the script works for me, I do not need any further assistance blink.gif

#11 tlkiller19

tlkiller19

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:45 PM

I will try your script. I like the sounds of it. Will update

#12 tlkiller19

tlkiller19

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 04:14 PM

Tried it out and it does work as long as you are downloading an actual game save. There are other files availible but they did not work. (I only tried a few games but all that involved saves worked)

#13 TGD

TGD

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 05 January 2005 - 04:39 PM

I get freezing too..especially after i pick a save and it says "downloading" then i try to go back to my main menu of xbmc..it just freezes and its done it for me every time and ive tried around 10 diffrent games

This is a great script though..cant wait to see a more stable version, thx alot

#14 tonypax

tonypax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 01:12 AM

does this work with xbmc as a dashboard..
cause on their site (xbox saves) they say only supported by avalaunch and evox.

I have xbmc as a dash and when i use xbsaves from my pc, it doesn't recognise game names..

if i use evox as a dash it does.
I hope that makes sense and someone has an answer.

Cheers

#15 Kaer

Kaer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE(tonypax @ Jan 6 2005, 01:43 AM)
does this work with xbmc as a dashboard..
cause on their site (xbox saves) they say only supported by avalaunch and evox.

I have xbmc as a dash and when i use xbsaves from my pc, it doesn't recognise game names..

if i use evox as a dash it does.
I hope that makes sense and someone has an answer.

Cheers

View Post

has nothing to do with the program from xbox-saves.
Its a standalone app meant to download saves directly from xbmc.

Ok with regards ,to the crashes, can you post the games you tried so I can try it out from my side?

Also, check the directory by editing the script and whether they are in the correct places.

The script works in parts, if you only see the "Downloading saves..." bit and not the "unzipping + backing up" it could be a dir problem as this part of the script just downloads the zip to the temp location.

Edited by Kaer, 06 January 2005 - 01:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users