• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 steve58

steve58

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 07:18 AM

Hi All, Anybody know what is the secret to getting a SmartJoy frag PS/2 Keyboard mouse adapter to work on a chipped XBox? Me and my kids have got 2 chipped XBox consoles, 1 with Alladin and 1 with DMS 3, both with Evox M7 bios and EvoX dash. The consoles work fine with the normal controls etc etc, but I have trouble (I'm and old fart)
with the XBox controller, so I invested in the SmartJoy Frag adapter hoping to do a bit of multi play gaming with my 2 Sons, I followed the simple directions about connection etc, but only the num lock light registers on the keyboard when either XBox boots with the adapter attached. Is this adapter actually designed to work on a chipped XBox, or is it only for a Stock Unchipped XBox? If they work OK on a chipped XBox, would it be perhaps that the Bios I have installed is to Old a version? Any advice would be appreciated, and Thanks for an Interesting Forum/Community.
Regards from Steve wink.gif

#2 001438

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 07:53 AM

After doing some reading on the SmartJoy, I don't see why it wouldn't work on a modded Xbox.

First thing you should do is shut off the mod chip and boot an original game and see if it works that way. If it doesn't, then you know that something is wrong with it.

It also sounds like you need to setup the keyboard buttons so that it will work like most PC FPS. I found this when doing a search.

http://hardware.team...-FRAG-Review/p1

Give it a read and see if it helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users