Photo

Cheapmods Are Back! Sale First Few Days Only!

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#1 Def

Def

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 09:54 PM

APRIL 12TH, 2003 VERY IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ!!!

ALL orders placed after midnight of Sunday the 13th of April will NO longer be pre-flashed w/ ANY bios. I don't think anyone else has them pre-flashed except me which I believe was the advantage I had. But I'm confident that through the last few months I've shown enough credibility and reliability that you would still order from me regardless if they're flashed or not (since no other modchip are pre-flashed anyways). This should really not be a problem for the casual installer to get around. The uncasual one though, I'm not sure what I can say. As long as you have a programmer, or even a working modchip (you can use the xbox to flash by hotswapping), then you should be fine. Again I apologize for this change but on a good note, prices have again dropped.

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER AND PMing/EMAILING ME WITH QUESTIONS!!!

Chip no longer comes w/ Kynar wires. You can buy a 50ft roll at Radioshack for $2.99 (they're called wrapping wires at Radioshack. If there is enough demand, I may stock rolls of them and sell it to you at cost).

====================================================
QTY PRICE
1-9 $12/ea.
10-19 $11/ea.
20-29 $11/ea.
30+ $10/ea.

Take $1 off ea. for unassembled chips.

SST Blank chips
======================================
QTY PRICE
1-9 $4/ea.
10-19 $4/ea.
20+ $4/ea.

Tack on $4 for USPS Priority to all orders regardless of quantity. I prefer paypal and is a verified premier user with a substantial amount of feedbacks. I also have heatware reference here. Many more references can be found here at the older thread.

Installation diagram can be found here:
INSTALLATION DIAGRAM

Paypal is preferred.

Paypal ID = aaron_van@msn.com

Edited by Def, 12 April 2003 - 06:17 PM.

#2 Def

Def

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 09:56 PM

Edited by Def, 27 February 2003 - 05:04 AM.

#3 CZECH

CZECH

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 10:11 PM

Holy Moly....I ordered 10 biggrin.gif

#4 RayTwoOneThree

RayTwoOneThree

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 February 2003 - 05:48 AM

I want to get 3 but I dont have a credit card can i send you a money order? how much would it be?

#5 Def

Def

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 06:09 AM

money order is fine although i won't be able to send out to you until i get the money order. price will be the same as stated above. PM me for my mailing info.

#6 deadspider

deadspider

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 10:34 AM

smile.gif is the d0 to the GND for switch? so if im not planing for it just skip it.

#7 CZECH

CZECH

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (deadspider @ Feb 21 2003, 02:34 AM)
smile.gif is the d0 to the GND for switch? so if im not planing for it just skip it.

Yea that one confuses me too ...I do Xecuters now so im not afraid of the d0 but It just looks differant

Edited by CZECH, 21 February 2003 - 10:39 AM.

#8 Def

Def

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 02:49 PM

d0 to GND is mandatory regardless if you put a switch or not. if you don't want to put a switch,just connect a wire straight from d0 to GND. otherwise put a switch between them. the d0 and GND i showed are alternate points on the bottom side that is A LOT easier and recommended for most people. if you want the substantially harder point on the top side of the motherboard, you can check out xecuter1's points to see it. but point is, d0 to GND is NOT an option.

#9 deadspider

deadspider

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 04:08 PM

aha thanks for clearing that up smile.gif and i guess asfter installing it you just tape the chip to the board or at least it looks that way...
how does someone flash there chip if they order it NOT flashed?
ill be ordering few real soon

#10 slivoman

slivoman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 04:23 PM

You are the man Def!!!! Just ordered 13 chips from you!!! How long can we expect till orders arrive??

#11 CZECH

CZECH

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (Def @ Feb 21 2003, 06:49 AM)
if you want the substantially harder point on the top side of the motherboard, you can check out xecuter1's points to see it. but point is, d0 to GND is NOT an option.

You lost me there ...Are you saying that if I use the xecuter1 points I should NOT directly connect the d0 and ground? blink.gif

Im confused because when I do the chips with the top d0 connection the CHIP itself also needed to be grounded to the mobo via the screw hole

Edited by CZECH, 21 February 2003 - 08:03 PM.

#12 aburridisimo

aburridisimo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 09:26 PM

Great deal, I just order 3, but I just realized that they don't come with the pins or headers. Can you give me a heads up on where I can buy some. Does rat shack have any?

thanks

#13 barracuda

barracuda

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 09:46 PM

Hey, can you give a better price on 100 blank chips(chip only)?

Mail me or reply.

#14 deadspider

deadspider

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 10:51 PM

just orderd 3 tongue.gif
can i reflash them with evox cd 256k

#15 Def

Def

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 11:42 PM

deadspider, foam tape is recommended to mount the chip since it's strong and provide a good padding. you can get foam tape at radioshack or any office supply store. the chip comes pre-flashed with evo d.6. they only come not flashed if you order the blank chips. and yes you can reflash them with any bios of your choice although the evo d.6 i flash them with is sufficient for most people.

slivoman, it'll ship next post office business day, in which case will be monday.

czech, the top xecuter d0 point is the SAME exact point as shown in my pics except it's the topside. you can ground this point to any GND point. i would estimate there to be around 100 GND points on the motherboard. i'm not entirely sure which chip you have experience in installing but they all use the same point. some chips are just a little bit more clever in how to go about grounding d0. if you need more detailed info, just drop me a PM.

aburridisimo, contrary to popular beliefs that ratshack is the store with everything electronics, you will be hard pressed to find any help from them. i recently found a source for cheap headers. i might offer them free for each chip if i can get a good discount on bulk. so i can't include them into this batch you're ordering but your best bet is to goto a mom and pop electronic store. they usually can order from the factory if they dont' carry it.

barracuda, i don't know if you're aware but the SST chips are running on it's last legs. pretty soon it'll be rare and prices will skyrocket as well. i can only go as low as $4/chip bro. i can certainly gaurantee that a few weeks down the road, you won't see them as cheap anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users