• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HypoLuxa

HypoLuxa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 06:32 PM

I was just wondering if anyone knows a way to have ltools install any other dashes besides evox or the default? I know there is also a package in “the usual places” that is called ltools_dashboards but I can’t seem to find any documentation on this package so Im not sure exactly how it works.
And before anyone posts a post saying “Why don’t you just ftp in and install whatever dash you want to manually”. A pre retort would be: I have and I do, I’m just looking for something that can do it automatically in a one step process…hence an auto installer like ltools.
As usual thanks for any help you guys can give me and thanks LDots for ltools in the first place. Excellent piece of work.

#2 forthex

forthex

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 December 2004 - 12:05 AM

1) do a regualr install with ltools

2) get the app or dashboard of your choice (like XBMC, unleashX, etc.), -habibi sign the app's default.xbe with xbedump (usual places).

3) FTP into the Xbox, and put the app in the place of the dashboard in the E:/Dashboard directroy.

#3 TheAgedGamer

TheAgedGamer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 December 2004 - 12:34 AM

If you're using the UXE installer then you can indeed you other dashes automatically.
Besides the Uxe installer 1.8 zip file, you also need the zip file ltools_dashes (that is found in the usual places).
Just transfer it to a memory card and from the memory card to your harddrive.
Now you should have both the Uxe 1.8 file and ltools_dashes on your harddrive.
Now when you do a UXE install you'll have the option of picking from different dashboards.
I've installed UnleashX and Avalaunch both using Ldots great installer with no problems. Just search and read up before using any of these programs and you should be good to go.

#4 Icevenom

Icevenom

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:• Games • Graphic Design • Web design • Soccer • Cars <br />• Hockey
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 December 2004 - 05:38 AM

so that Ltools_dashes the dashes arent signed, ill sign them then....but
do they work in conjunction with 1.7.5 if they are on the HD aswell
doing that will i get the additional option?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users