#1 chozo

chozo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 03:04 AM

i cant get my pc to connect with xbox.
is a NIC cable and Ethernet cable? if so am i ment to plug that directly into my xbox from my pc or from my pc into my router then into my xbox.
ive tried almost everyway of hooking it up that i can think of. but i just cant get connected to the xbox

this is my equipment

2x ethernet cables.
1x DSL modem(router)
xbox with modchip.
and a pc of course.

am i doing something wrong? am i missing something that i need to connect? someone help please.

#2 homelesschicken

homelesschicken

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 December 2004 - 03:15 AM

follow the networking link in my sig... this should help to clarify a few things

#3 bigted41

bigted41

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 04:21 AM

make sure your cat5e cables are going from the router to the pc and xbox seperately, don't hook the router to the pc then pc to xbox.

when your dash is loaded up on your xbox, make sure you have a valid IP, try doing DHCP automatically configured first, if you see 0.0.0.0 for an IP, then you'll need to assign a static IP to your xbox.

#4 chozo

chozo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 04:29 AM

pc - router - xbox is how i have it. and i do see my ip as 0.0.0.0 and i have static ip set to "yes" so i dont know whats going on. also is an Ethernet cable a crossover cable? they say that i need one. i think mine are just ethernet cables.

#5 RonnieIsBack

RonnieIsBack

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 December 2004 - 07:43 AM

ethernet cables or CAT5 cables can be crossover or patch.
Look at the ends of the cable you have.if the wires are matched up the same way on both ends then its a patch cable,if they are mixed up on each side then its a crossover.

You would use a X-over cable to hook yer xbox up to a second nic card in yer PC(this is what I did).
If you have a router plug yer patch cable into the xbox and then into the router.Yer router should already be hooked up to the pc.
Be sure to reset the router(or hub or switch) by unplugging it and plugging it back in.If you dont you probably wont see it on the network.This was a problem for some people I know and after 3 trips to best buy and a lot of arguing someone read the directions and decided we needed to reset the damn router.

Anyway XBC has a simple diagram for doing all this so check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users