• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#16 scottmorrison

scottmorrison

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 10:16 PM

I really want a patch for my pro evo 4 but i honestly do not have the slightest clue what to do. do i need to connect my xbox up to my pc and if i do with what? please some one help me i feel stupid.

#17 Trowel

Trowel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 09:17 PM

Hi, n00b here, but as I've spent most of the last week patching my PE4 thought I'd chip in.

After trying four or five updates, by far the best patch I've found out there is Tatsui's - absolutely incredible: basically turns your game into FIFA. My jaw dropped when I saw what they'd managed to do - bravo la France! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

To use that patch you'll need a modified Xbox with the game saved to your HDD, as it updates in game files, rather than just the option files which is your only option for a non-modded console. You can then simply FTP files across (though make sure you make backups!! rolleyes.gif

If you don't have a mod (seriously consider one just for this!) there are still plenty of updates out there, but to be honest I started with them, and they don't come close - much kudos for the hard work that went into them though, extraordinary work pushing the in-game editor to the limit and giving very accurate replica kits.

One quick question to Tatsui if you're out there: I had a problem with the keeper hands diappearing which I've now fixed (very funny mind...), the only slight glitch now is that the sound and commentary cuts out for a few seconds in the pre-match tunnel sequence - is there a loop missing? No other problems so far, and I wouldn't normally bother with the entrance scene, but it just looks so good with the patch!!)

Cheers for all your work!! beerchug.gif

#18 tatsui

tatsui

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 04:17 PM

very strange, sound and graphics are 2 differents files unsure.gif

I remember that only one person told me about this "glove's problem", to resolve it, he simply transfered the file a second time (the file probably get corrupted in ftp transfert)

in a second time, another one told me about this sound problem and manage to resolve it in transfering the file a second time too tongue.gif

but i didn't meet these bugs in the same time

if the installation failed, here are some tips:

- clear CACHE folder from E, F or G:
- clear X, Y and Z: (just clear don't erase them )
- make another back up of your game then install the modpack
- transfert file step by step

People who got problems (few people tongue.gif ) managed to have modpack works correctly after this

I had to make some space on my ftp in order to upload a new opening movie made by roberto n3 (aka smov6) for PS2 that i converted for xbox. So e_text file is no longer available. If you want it maybe someone can host it? unfortunatly i didn't have a back up of this file unsure.gif

the new opening movie is available here

http://spagftp.free.fr/intro2.rar

#19 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 January 2005 - 04:23 PM

I've been using tatsui pack for a long time now and it is ace, I keep on going to the french forum just to find out about the updates smile.gif

#20 ShuJinkO

ShuJinkO

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 30 January 2005 - 02:33 AM

tatsui's has a Master League bug? you have to press R on the League Selection screen (can't Join league A) the Game locks up

Other then that, not bad mod. But could be better music wise tongue.gif

#21 tatsui

tatsui

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:21 PM

don't have this bug ph34r.gif
anyone else got it?

#22 Trowel

Trowel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 02:16 PM

Hmm, just found that too - freezes on chosing League A. dry.gif I've tried a fresh installation too with a cache clear, but still the problem?

What's the address for the French forum?

#23 tatsui

tatsui

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 03:47 PM

hum i don't understand why...I just tried to start a master league (A) and everything's was ok.
it seems that chilin_dude doesn't have this bug too unsure.gif
Did you modified something else? I mean modpack + personnal mod? Did you try to use a save made before the installation of modpack? In that case, you must clear that save first

forum gueux.be

#24 Trowel

Trowel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 07:51 PM

Have tried a fresh install but still the same problems. I've also noticed that about 5% of the kits don't come across properly, including Italy, Wales, Slovenia, Sweden and Egypt, plus several club sides) - I had this problem once before but managed to sort it (think I just re-copied 0_text across). huh.gif

I'll set aside some time to copy your files down again via the originaly torrent if thats still up (I guess there shouldn't be any problems with the copy of e_text I still have)

One other thing: are you able to sort out the numbers on the kit, as the default is awful? I can change most of them in game though it takes a while, but not the licensed kits - or can the licensed kit numbers be changed by editing the AFS file? I've lost my list of which files are which...

#25 tatsui

tatsui

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(Trowel @ Jan 30 2005, 06:57 PM)
Have tried a fresh install but still the same problems. I've also noticed that about 5% of the kits don't come across properly, including Italy, Wales, Slovenia, Sweden and Egypt, plus several club sides) - I had this problem once before but managed to sort it (think I just re-copied 0_text across).  huh.gif

I'll set aside some time to copy your files down again via the originaly torrent if thats still up (I guess there shouldn't be any problems with the copy of e_text I still have)

One other thing: are you able to sort out the numbers on the kit, as the default is awful? I can change most of them in game though it takes a while, but not the licensed kits - or can the licensed kit numbers be changed by editing the AFS file? I've lost my list of which files are which...

View Post

hum..looks like your file get corrupted when you transfered it. All kits work fine
and i (or other people on frech forum) didn't meet this problem. Maybe you can try another ftp client?

For numbers you can change them in game editor (new fonts number are included in modpack v3) or edit them (i think etc_ee_tex.bin in 0_text.afs is the file you search)

#26 MarkyBoy

MarkyBoy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:45 PM

Tatsui,

I have tried to download the English version of the modpack as per your post on the 17th Jan.....
http://tatsui.free.f...ckv3_e_text.rar

It is not there??

Any chance of a new link as you apparently make the best modpack!!
I hope all the hype is right, Its about time Pro Evo got its acclaim as the best footy game in the world (fifa who???)

#27 tatsui

tatsui

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:36 PM

as i said before

"I had to make some space on my ftp in order to upload a new opening movie made by roberto n3 (aka smov6) for PS2 that i converted for xbox. So e_text file is no longer available. If you want it maybe someone can host it? unfortunatly i didn't have a back up of this file (HDD crash muhaha.gif ) "

i'm trying to get the file back but if someone could upload it will be very helpfull smile.gif

#28 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(tatsui @ Jan 30 2005, 02:53 PM)
hum i don't understand why...I just tried to start a master league (A) and everything's was ok.
it seems that chilin_dude doesn't have this bug too unsure.gif
Did you modified something else? I mean modpack + personnal mod? Did you try to use a save made before the installation of modpack? In that case, you must clear that save first

forum gueux.be

View Post

Correct, I have no problems.
Hey Tatsui, I could host it on my site, just need to figure how to get it to me, maybe send my it over msn or something?

Edited by chilin_dude, 01 February 2005 - 01:15 PM.

#29 tatsui

tatsui

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 03:33 PM

problem is not to host the file but in my case to get the file biggrin.gif
if you can send it to me via msn, it would be great smile.gif

#30 tatsui

tatsui

X-S Young Member