5 replies to this topic

#1 Mobyforce1

Mobyforce1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 04:46 PM

MAMEOX is what I meant in the header!
I just installed Mameox on my Xbox. I have hundreds of ROMs from over the years that I used with MAME on my PC. I moved the roms over and Mameox found them. Whenever I try to play one I get a list of several files that can't be found....I have tested all the ones that i got the error with on my PC and they work. I also used the RomCenter App that I read about in another post. Although I am not totally sure if I am using the RomCenter Correctly I believe I am.

Basically, the Roms work on MAME, but don't seem to on Mameox. Is there anythign else I am suppose to be using ot is there anythign I am suppose to do with teh ROM's that I missed to have them work on Mameox.

I have X3
1.4 Xbox
I have Evox and Media Center on...I am trying to run through Media Center

Edited by Mobyforce1, 19 December 2004 - 04:47 PM.

#2 Navis

Navis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 05:39 PM

Rom is rom.

It should work on the XBOX as long as it has the memory. What size file are the roms you're trying on the XBOX? Cause the XBOX only have 64 Megs of RAM unless you added 64 Megs extra. I do know that I have some roms that won't work on my xbox cause it ran out of memory. What games are you trying to use and what size is it zipped?

Is this only happening on certain roms or all of them?

#3 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 December 2004 - 06:25 PM

I have hundreds of ROMs from over the years that I used with MAME on my PC. I moved the roms over and Mameox found them. Whenever I try to play one I get a list of several files that can't be found....I have tested all the ones that i got the error with on my PC and they work. I also used the RomCenter App that I read about in another post. Although I am not totally sure if I am using the RomCenter Correctly I believe I am.

You say you've collected the ROMS "over the years", so it sounds like you simply have old version of ROMS and MAMEoX is looking for the newer versions. MAMEoX uses version 0.84 ROMS (the current PC MAME version is 0.89). Each time a new version is released some of the ROMS get updates or changes while most don't get any changes at all. But apparently the ROMS you are using a fairly old and have been changed during one of the updates over the past few years. When using RomCenter make sure you are using a DAT file that is set for 0.84 ROMS.

#4 Mobyforce1

Mobyforce1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 08:03 PM

Yes..some of them are quite old (a few years). Thank you guys for the help. Actually, my Mame is an older version as well. I will try to track down a correct dat file...I am not sure what is there now.

#5 Mobyforce1

Mobyforce1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 08:20 PM

I got teh file....as it turns out.....all, but a few are incomplete....

Is there a way to repair tehm or would it be easier just to find new ones...I am thinking new ones may be the best bet...

Any thoughts

#6 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 December 2004 - 08:27 PM

Yeah, I'd just recommend getting newer ROMS for the ones that have are old and incompatible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users