• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 peckerdude

peckerdude

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 06:51 PM

So i've been playing on live for a long time now, and just the other day my xbox wasn't connecting to my modem (no PC/Activity light), did the connection troubleshooting and I got the No IP found message. Since I was trying to access live through my dashboard to get to account management, i rebooted box to try again, only to find that damn screen with error 21. I haven't been able to fix this problem please help!
My Xbox: version 1.3, stock hdd, bios, everything else. aladdin 64 advance mod with on or off option. only one dashboard: original m$. Everything was working fine, this just happened out of no where. If you need any other information to help please ask and i'll tell you.

#2 FoxRacR17

FoxRacR17

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Interests:Ummmmmmm.........XBOX??!! And GIRLS!!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 December 2004 - 07:18 PM

error 21, thats an odd error, according to the xbox error codes explainded : "21 - anywhere - This error says that the machine was booted to display a error, basically someone told the machine to reboot (or launch a xbe) with this flag, and the error code just means its been rebooted by the flag" I have experienced this error before when i was tinkering with the tHc dashboard, i changed something and got this error since that was the dashboard i had the bios launch. So i would guess that somehow you currupted your m$ dash. I hope you have a back up of your C:\ drive, because i would suggest reformatting your C:\ drive and then ftping a back up of the C:\ drive when it worked back to your xbox and see if that work. If you dont have a working back up of your C:\ drive, i believe that slayers 2.6 has a back up of a C:\ drive on there, i'm not sure though, its worth a shot.

#3 peckerdude

peckerdude

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 08:59 PM

already ahead of you on that, with slayers 2.6, i formatted C: and then did the M$ Dash inst/repair option, everything should work. i also installed slayers evox (just on c, not full rebuild) and evox loads with mod on, and i can launch m$ dash from there, but with mod off it should load M$ dash as well should it not? hdd is locked and everything.

Edited by peckerdude, 19 December 2004 - 09:00 PM.

#4 FoxRacR17

FoxRacR17

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:03 PM

Yes, it should load the m$ dash with the chip off if you did the C:\ restoration thing with slayers. And if it loads through evox with the chip on, then there should also be no problem. Give it a try.

#5 peckerdude

peckerdude

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:59 PM

oops sorry, didnt mention that thats what I did and it still doesnt work

#6 FoxRacR17

FoxRacR17

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 12:30 AM

Really? So the M$ dashboard loads with the chip enabled through evox right? But not when you turn the chip off? Well, the onlyother thing i can think of is that: 1) slayers didnt work because i have heard of cases where the dashboard supplied with slayers isnt compatable with some xboxs. or 2) you m$ bios is messed up and you need to reflash your tsop with another m$ bios.

#7 peckerdude

peckerdude

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 03:40 AM

hmm still havent fixed the problem i would really appreciate some help

#8 peckerdude

peckerdude

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:15 AM

*sigh*... bump

#9 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,743 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:18 AM

21 is due to a signing error or missing/bad files in the dashbaord

sicne you have Live you must have a Live game or two, get a newer one and go to the Live option on it, it should update the dashbaord automativcally

#10 peckerdude

peckerdude

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:31 AM

cant do that man, modem cant connect to xbox therefor no xbox live connection for the dashboard. i've tried the m$ dash repair option in slayers 2.6, still no luck, im gonna use a router to ftp in and replace my c: files with someone elses whos m$ dashboard works

#11 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,743 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:32 AM

you dont need th enet connection, the games can update the dashbaord off the disc

#12 peckerdude

peckerdude

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:33 AM

i'll try that with rainbow six 3 rite now, i have halo2 and have been trying to connect with it recently, no luck

#13 peckerdude

peckerdude

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:39 AM

ok tried with many live enabled games, went to the xbox live option and it asked me for my account, then tried to connect, no dashboard updating whatsoever. i dont think its anything with the dashboard because i can load the m$ dashbaord thru evox, but it wont boot up with modchip enabled, hdd is locked, all xbe's are named properly

Edited by peckerdude, 23 December 2004 - 07:40 AM.

#14 peckerdude

peckerdude

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:36 PM

bump

#15 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:59 PM

Error 21 [QUOTE]Typically means you're missin[QUOTE]g .xip files on your c: drive, or you have .xip's from a different (wrong) dashboard version. To fix simply restore a complete backup of the c: drive.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] i dont think its anything with the dashboard[/QUOTE]

I still do. the explanation of the error code earlier on this thread is not quite right.
When you did the rebuild with Slayers did you format and rebuild the drive.
I don't understand the bit where you said
[QUOTE]it wont boot up with modchip enabled[/QUOTE]

How did you get evox to load then?.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users