• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spaceme

spaceme

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:12 PM

Hello. Got a problem with my Xbox. It is an unmodded Ver 1.0 Xbox with a WD harddrive and a Phillips DVD. Recently I have been having problems. After playing a game for a while, the DVD will eject the disc on it own and then close on its own. And it keeps doing this until I turn the power off. Opening and closing, opening and closing. It will do this with KOTOR II and Halo 2 (both are completely scratch free disks). Anyone else run into this problem. Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 Perplexer

Perplexer

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts
  • Interests:Fish with big teeth
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:34 PM

Big points for the title and topic. I really wish I could help. It's probably a fault with the DVD drive itself; see if you can borrow a friend's unit (heh) and test if it has the same problem.

#3 e-joe

e-joe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:41 PM

you have to keep in mind that its a v1.0 its old. I'm almost 100% positive that it has to do with the DVD drive. My friends did this and he got a new drive in his and it worked fine.

Edited by e-joe, 19 December 2004 - 11:42 PM.

#4 AlexNapo

AlexNapo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 06:34 PM

Anybody knows what part of the dvd might be faulty in this case ?

Can't we just take the lens parts from a dvd drive with a motor problem and put them in another dvd drive with the motor parts working ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users