10 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew_H

Andrew_H

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 02:26 AM

Kawa-X V0.11
Everything's installed perfectly, the roms are visible, they work, but the games are playing as if in slow motion.
I installed it on my friends Xbox, and it runs perfecty, so why isn't mine working right? Can anyone please help me with this in any way possible? Any ideas? uhh.gif

#2 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 December 2004 - 02:29 AM

When in doubt remove the savegame and reboot.

or just quit using kawax alltogether and use fba-xxx

#3 draken333

draken333

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 December 2004 - 07:21 AM

Try changing your Video filter...i know some of them make your kawa run slow.

#4 Andrew_H

Andrew_H

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 01:46 PM

thank you for the suggestions but i have tried both of these and no luck sad.gif . I am downloading Fba-XXX as i type this. hope i have more luck with it than kawa-x. i do have a theory though...
I believe that that my kawa-x attempts to draw every frame when running a game rather than skipping frames to keep 100% speed. I enabled this frame skipping feature with xSnes9x and that fixed the problem with that emu but kawa-x does not give me this option unsure.gif . what i would like to know is why does xSnes9x and kawa-x run at 100% full frame on my friends xbox but not mine? strange indeed.

#5 Chaz Ashley

Chaz Ashley

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 December 2004 - 01:51 PM

PAL-User?

Turn on the 60Hz-Option in the XBox's original Dashboard Video Menu or switch to NTSC via the Enigma Disc, that should solve any speed problems. Oh yeah, and change to FBA-XXX anyway, it eclipsed Kawa-X a long, long time ago.

Chaz

#6 Andrew_H

Andrew_H

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 01:00 AM

Wow, thank you so much Chaz. Changing to NTSC worked just fine tongue.gif . I am a fool to have not thought of it myself rolleyes.gif . I will get around to using Fba-XXX as soon as I can. What are the advantages of using Fba-XXX over Kawa-X apart from more supported games? huh.gif

#7 big_xbox_n00bie

big_xbox_n00bie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • Interests:xbox modding, chillin with friends, playing cricket/football , Call of Duty , sleeping
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 December 2004 - 03:08 AM

Has more features, runs better, ive used fbaxxx from the start so cant compare to kawax.

-BxN

#8 Chaz Ashley

Chaz Ashley

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 December 2004 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE(Andrew_H @ Dec 23 2004, 03:03 AM)
Wow, thank you so much Chaz. Changing to NTSC worked just fine  tongue.gif . I am a fool to have not thought of it myself  rolleyes.gif . I will get around to using Fba-XXX as soon as I can. What are the advantages of using Fba-XXX over Kawa-X apart from more supported games?  huh.gif

View Post

The only advantages Kawa-X still has are faster loading-times for big games and some exclusive video-filters, but that's nothing compared to the stuff you can do with FBA-XXX. It has more compatibility, let's you adjust about everything you can think about, there are plenty of filters for video & audio, built in cheat-function (for the weak-minded wink.gif), it let's you play vertical games full screen and even in horzontal mode and many stuff more.

Chaz

#9 HK$

HK$

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE(big_xbox_n00bie @ Dec 23 2004, 04:11 AM)
Has more features, runs better, ive used fbaxxx from the start so cant compare to kawax.

-BxN

View Post

Has more bugs also. laugh.gif

Edited by HK$, 23 December 2004 - 11:39 AM.

#10 nemt

nemt

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 December 2004 - 06:08 PM

I know the Kawaks team quit, so is Kawa-x even still in development?

#11 Andrew_H

Andrew_H

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:38 PM

Thanks for the info people. I tested out fba-xxx using the same roms that i use with kawa-x and i have noticed that fba is a better optimised emulator and the extra features are pretty cool too (especially overclocking cpu). I shall stick with it. Thanks smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users