• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainLoozer

CaptainLoozer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 02:38 AM

Ok, I've read up about how to install linux on the xbox using mechassualt. I'm at the first step where you have to connect usb to your xbox using a break away cable and a usb cable. I've used a usb hub first then when it did not work, i used an extension usb cable. I connected all cables together (red, black, green, and white) and left the yellow one out. I plugged up my 128 meg usb Lexar Media Jump Drive secure up to the usb adapter. When i go to memory in the xbox dashboard it only sees my hdd. It never formats the drive. This is as far as i have gotten. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

#2 mikek574

mikek574

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 04:59 AM

I had a similar prob with my lexar jump drive usb..I finally had to go buy a san disc mini cruser 128MB,after that my xbox saw it & so did AR..Hope that helps,also someone posted a link you could go to & make any usb stick compatible ,cant remember where it was though,probably easier just to borrow one or go buy it ....

#3 CaptainLoozer

CaptainLoozer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 06:34 AM

ok. now i just rewired everything and now i got the usb hub to work. the xbox formatted my usb drive to fatx file system and i can use it as a memory card. but when i plug it to my computer, windows xp sees the drive as unallocated space and tries to reformat. since it does not assign a drive letter, osxmemory stick explorer cannot copy the mechassault images to my thumb drive. now what???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users