#61 WiFiSpy

WiFiSpy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 January 2005 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE(enderandrew @ Dec 22 2004, 09:35 AM)
Often launch titles are pretty suspect.  I will wait until I see titles I must play.

View Post

I know huh? Halo 1 sucks ass rolleyes.gif

#62 SpartanMasterChief

SpartanMasterChief

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 09:33 PM

I see a lot of guys on here are speaking about the current xbox controller being compatible with the next generation xbox console. Personally, I think that MS will release an adapter that will allow you to connect your current xbox controller to the next gen console.

This will not only keep us current xbox console owners semi-happy because the adapter shouldn't be no more than $9.99 retail, but in addition it will generate more profit margin for MS.

That's my prediction. Any thoughts?

#63 techniqez

techniqez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 January 2005 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE(enderandrew @ Dec 22 2004, 09:35 AM)
Often launch titles are pretty suspect.  I will wait until I see titles I must play.

QUOTE(WiFiSpy @ Jan 1 2005, 12:46 AM)
I know huh? Halo 1 sucks ass  rolleyes.gif

View Post

haha nice one rotfl.gif

Edited by techniqez, 02 January 2005 - 11:36 PM.

#64 jacksparrow

jacksparrow

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 January 2005 - 03:11 AM

i agree!

#65 Jedi_Rainman

Jedi_Rainman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 January 2005 - 04:59 AM

I think M$ should wait until 2006 when the PS3 and Revolution get released. The Xbox can do so much now. Why a new system in 4 years? The average life for a console these days in supposed to be 7 years. M$ has the money to throw away and they will do just that. Personally, I'd keep making games for the current Xbox and wait until 2007.

#66 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 03 January 2005 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(Jedi_Rainman @ Jan 3 2005, 02:30 PM)
I think M$ should wait until 2006 when the PS3 and Revolution get released. The Xbox can do so much now. Why a new system in 4 years? The average life for a console these days in supposed to be 7 years. M$ has the money to throw away and they will do just that. Personally, I'd keep making games for the current Xbox and wait until 2007.

View Post

thats tru. they should do what they did with the ps2. wait untill its out, then make a system thats a hundred times better. the xbox will last for years yet. the only thign that will mark its dissaperence will be the xbox2

#67 cultninja

cultninja

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:38 PM

personally im gona buy both ps3 and xbox 2 . thats for sure. but i wont buy them the moment they are released . i'll wait about six months when a decent amount of games will be avaible and then buy them smile.gif smile.gif also im really happy about the upcoming price drop of xbox and when xbox 2 is released i'll be able to buy loads of cheap second hand xboxs .and finally i'll make my own xbox cluster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah..... muhaha.gif

#68 Juancster

Juancster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 04:08 AM

Well eventhough xbox can stay for quite some time, maybe it is a good thing that it is going to make way for a better system. With time comes progress, and who doesnt want that?

#69 pSyCo

pSyCo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 January 2005 - 05:13 AM

Although the life of a console used to be 7 years ... look at how much faster pc products (processors, and especially video cards) have come ... it's going down ... 4-5 years is what it will start to be...

#70 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,741 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE(ferrari_rulz_02 @ Jan 3 2005, 04:33 AM)
thats tru. they should do what they did with the ps2. wait untill its out, then make a system thats a hundred times better. the xbox will last for years yet. the only thign that will mark its dissaperence will be the xbox2

View Post

MS has already said they dont want to do that, they wont let ps3 have an exclusive market for any amount of time

#71 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Jan 5 2005, 05:27 PM)
MS has already said they dont want to do that, they wont let ps3 have an exclusive market for any amount of time

View Post

fair enough. about the only good thign that teh ps2 had over teh xbox was the fact that it was out of a bit first, so everyoen devolped games for it.
xbox is onyl starting to come back in that sector

#72 iNfErNaL666

iNfErNaL666

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Women, Skating, skating, skating xbox/games thats all i care about
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:49 PM

i agree i love my xbox but im psyched to see what types of things can be done with it and how the graphics and speed of the system will be upgraded and how the games are and what they will be. Ya know theres just those little things that are going to get you all psyched up.

#73 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 January 2005 - 03:14 PM

I think it's a fantastic idea that MS wants to release long before Sony launches the PS3...

Right now the Xbox has an obvious "power" advantage over the PS2. When The Xbox 2 comes out and Sony is stuck still using the already archaic PS2 for another 6 months - year. there will be a short while where the Xbox will essentially be 2 generations ahead.

Video game release history tells us that the first console to market takes the market, the only thing that can hurt this is weak launch titles. Just look at The Saturn, they were first before the PSX but there was maybe 2 titles and months before we saw anything else, same with the Jaguar. Similarly the PSX beat the N64 to market and squished it in the long run, Also the PS2 beat the Xbox to market and Xbox Still Hasn't caught up.

The reason the first to market takes the market is simple, think about it, by the time the PS3 is released the Xenon will probably have already gone through a price cut, and have loads of game available. If you were looking at a next generation system and one was $100 cheaper and had 100 games already available opposed the the competitors 10 or so.... it makes the decision a lot easier. Not to mention by that time it's already started developing a following gotten air play in commercials, word of mouth, seen in various movies, and places like MTV cribs.... It's hard to catch up when you're competitor has already established themselves.

If the Xbox beats Sony to market with the Xenon over the PS3 (and they will), and they have strong launch titles (which I'm sure they will), you will most likely see MS start to take majority of the market over Sony and Nintendo (at least in the US and Europe) and keep that lead well into the next generation race.

Now the real question is can MS take Japan? The backing from Tecmo is a big help I'm sure, but they need some other big guns too, like Square-Enix, and Capcom (more for the RE, and Devil May Cry type series).

A lot of developers go with the most powerful system available, where most of their contracts are ending with Sony, Xbox is currently the most powerful, and with the Xenon they will DEFINITELY be the most powerful, I think we'll see some of that support.

#74 wasting

wasting

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 5 2005, 09:45 AM)
Now the real question is can MS take Japan? The backing from Tecmo is a big help  I'm sure, but they need some other big guns too, like Square-Enix, and Capcom (more for the RE, and Devil May Cry type series).

View Post

i wouldnt count on that any time soon.

#75 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,741 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 5 2005, 08:45 AM)
Now the real question is can MS take Japan? The backing from Tecmo is a big help  I'm sure, but they need some other big guns too, like Square-Enix, and Capcom (more for the RE, and Devil May Cry type series).

View Post

remmeber, another quirk about the asian market is the emphasis they place on aesthitics, a console must LOOK good sitting on a shelf, the big clunky xbox doesnt (no, custom case mods dont count)

xenon will have to have a sleeker, more refined look to take japan (as well as more japanese developer support)

and on a side note, just because a console comes out later doesnt mean it will be more powerful, look at xbox vs gamecube (ok, so the gamecube only came out like a week later, but its still a much less powerful system than the xbox) sony may decide to cut corners and rush ps3 to the market to cut down xenons head start

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users