6 replies to this topic

#1 jeebwise

jeebwise

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 December 2004 - 05:58 PM

Why would halo stop cacheing the files on the xbox. It used to. I run the level, play it for a bit and then i have just tried turing the xbox off or ending the game and turning the xbox off. Either way it leaves nothing behind. Does anyone have an answer for the problem.

I need it so I can use the editor I have.

Edited by jeebwise, 20 December 2004 - 05:59 PM.

#2 jeebwise

jeebwise

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 06:45 PM

After no help, I figured it out and if anyone in the future has this problem, just play a couple of levels of single player mode and do a save and quit and it should start cacheing again.

#3 jeebwise

jeebwise

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 06:46 PM

After no help, I figured it out and if anyone in the future has this problem, just play a couple of levels of single player mode and do a save and quit and it should start cacheing again.

#4 midas

midas

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:boom.

Posted 26 January 2005 - 09:19 AM

I had this problem too. Isn't there a way to just delete some files from the HD instead of having to play a couple of levels? (i think you are just overwriting some cache somewhere)

PS my problem exactly - I boot halo and load blood gulch, then i IGR to avalaunch and load up HCE. but it says that it can't find a cache. i will try this, but there should be a easier way . . . .,

#5 BRPeck

BRPeck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:31 PM

I have the problem with the cache not showing up. Is it a problem running Halo from the HD?? I followed the instructions and played through some of the levels to see if it would dtart caching again, but no luck... (I played from pillar of autum to assault on the control room) You'd think that would be long enough!?!

What the hell is wrong with HCE? It was working before.

Please Help! It's driving me nuts just not knowing what the hell happened.

#6 Sephiroth_

Sephiroth_

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 July 2005 - 08:33 PM

It doesn't always cache in the same location, but it's always either in x y or z. Just clear out those 3 folders and run Halo again. It's not possible for the game to run, but not produce a cache file.

#7 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:29 AM

You can also try the refresh button. FlashFXP will not allways refresh itself os you may need to manualy do it. I had that exact problem back in the days of halo 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users