• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xboxn00b88

xboxn00b88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:00 PM

My problem prior to this was that I had an unlocked hard drive that was giving me an error 5. I finally recovered my eeprom backup and locked the drive, but now I have an error 6. I'm afraid I locked it with the wrong key. I may have mistyped the key when I was locking it. Is this possible and if it is what can I do to fix it if its locked with an unknown key? PLEASE HELP!!! Thank You.

#2 shinomen

shinomen

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:09 PM

If you locked it down with config magic you can put it in your pc to unlock it with ATAPWD.EXE using the master config magic unlock password of TEAMASSEMBLY

You can't find ATAPWD.EXE on xbins (or at least I couldn't) but if you do a google search it should turn up something.

Once you get it unlocked you should really lock it back down with the config magic .bin file instead of doing edit on the fly (I assume that's what you did to lock it down)

It's real easy to do, just boot your xbox with your unlocked drive (if possible for you). Ftp your backup bin file that you have to the data folder under config magic and name it eeprom.bin (delete any other bin files in the data directory)

then load up config magic, load the .bin file and then select save to eeprom, then select load eeprom from xbox then lock down the drive and it should work.

good luck

#3 xboxn00b88

xboxn00b88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:13 PM

Thanks, I'll try that right away. smile.gif

#4 xboxn00b88

xboxn00b88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:46 PM

I don't have a mod chip so I can't run config magic until my xbox is fixed. I originally unlocked it with config magic but i locked it using HDD Unlock in dos. Does anyone have any other ideas???

Edited by xboxn00b88, 21 December 2004 - 08:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users