9 replies to this topic

#1 allholy1

allholy1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:02 PM

I soldered what I thought was the d0 point on the motherboard, found out that it was the wrong one, and didn't think carefully and just pulled the wire up... when I pulled up i pulled the entire point off the motherboard, along with a trace (still attached to the other point) Is this hard to repair, could a good solderer fix it? How can you repair it? There are no signs at all of this point on the motherboard anymore... Thanks.

#2 xboxn00b88

xboxn00b88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:10 PM

Sorry dude,
I think you need the password. I might be wrong, I hope I am. I have a somewhat similar problem.

#3 shinomen

shinomen

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:17 PM

if you just ripped off the pad then it shouldn't be too hard to repair. If you ripped up the entire trace all the way back to another pad that it is connecting to, then you may have a bit of a problem.

If you only ripped up the d0 pad (the little circular point is what i'm referring to) then you could go to radio shack and buy something called circuit writer (precision conductive ink dispenser or something similar) that will allow you to repair the pad.

All you need to do is mask out the area you want to fix by putting some electrical tape on the board so that only the bad point is exposed. The circuit writer is just like an ink pen, you want to draw on the exposed part in your masking, let it dry for about 20 mins and then take the tape off and make sure none of the conductive ink spilled over to any other wires or points. If it did then use a razor blade to gently clean it up.

Try booting your box after that and see if it works.

good luck

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:20 PM

Sorry dude,
I think you need the password. I might be wrong, I hope I am. I have a somewhat similar problem.

What??? I think you may have meant to post this elsewhere.

take your box to someone in your area to be fixed. the problem will be fixable but if you try yourself it may get worse. One of the members of this forum may be near enough to where ever you are to be able to fix this quickly and correctly for you.

#5 allholy1

allholy1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:28 PM

I think a guy at my local frys will fix it.. .he helped me solder in the lpc ports and the wire to the wrong d0... its like 32.50... if someone on here can fix it, do you think it would be cheaper?

#6 thedustycelt

thedustycelt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 December 2004 - 08:25 PM

I do trace repair for $20, but figure in postage bothways and the time you have to wait, $32 in town isn't bad. (If he can do it.) Trace repair is an art and skill.

I am in Arizona...
PM me if you are interested.

#7 allholy1

allholy1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(thedustycelt @ Dec 21 2004, 09:28 PM)
I do trace repair for $20, but figure in postage bothways and the time you have to wait, $32 in town isn't bad. (If he can do it.) Trace repair is an art and skill.

I am in Arizona...
PM me if you are interested.

View Post

Thanks, I'm from IL, postage would cost like 10 bucks.. about the same price. Anyone in the Chicago area?

#8 thedustycelt

thedustycelt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:42 PM

postage on a motherboard is about $5 USPS anywhere in the lower 48. a@ron is in the midwest. He does good work and has the same prices. PM him for more info.

cheers beerchug.gif

#9 networkBoy

networkBoy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:57 PM

I offer full repairs and trace only repairs, but $32 is good if he'll guarantee the board works afterwards.
-nB

Edited by networkBoy, 22 December 2004 - 09:58 PM.

#10 allholy1

allholy1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 11:16 PM

i got it fixed.. .it took me like 45 minutes, and i soldered it on the right d0 this time and it's still fragging... i have given up hope on doing it myself, anyone located near downers grove, IL willing to do it for me (I have most of the job done, so I am hoping around $15ish) Let me know, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users