• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mamajama

mamajama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 11:42 AM

Hey guys, I have been reading this board for a few days while waiting for my x-cuter mod chip. I'm new to xbox mod but old school pc hardware guy...so thought I would handle this with a breeze.....

Well, I got my chip installed...no probs....no dvd burner yet, but have some cdrw's. Load up taxi game....worksfine...slow load, but fine for the few minutes I played it.

Then made a menu selectable disk, with taxi game and boxing game....it loads fine and I select. Well, boxing game loads fine...fast...starts, but no matter which game play I choose, or whihc characters...it locks up...freezes...after about 20 seconds or so of game play. I took the top back of and hd out....cause it seems like what would be an overheat problem on a PC....course not knowing how hot this passive heatsink should be...it feels hot...

Now, who has ideas on this problem? I am 95% sure all solder points r good....likely not overheating...but not positive....anyone of you gys have a take on this?

Thanks for any and all help, and let me say that there are quite a few of you that simply go out of your way to help people on here and that is quite refreshing.

MamaJama

#2 bearauto

bearauto

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 01:28 PM

Heat's not the problem. Your problem is probably a burning issue.

#3 Ichijouji

Ichijouji

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 05:31 PM

If it's freezing, there's a few possibilities off the top of my head:

- You messed up on the menu selectable disc.
- You have a corrupt save file for that game.
- If it's Mike Tyson boxing, it has FADE protection, that could be the cause.

#4 mamajama

mamajama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 11:09 PM

Fade protection? I have never heard of this....Could you elaborate for me please?

Thanks,
MJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users