• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 screwman

screwman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 06:47 AM

Please somebody help me as I am pulling my hair out. I'm a noob but a reasonably cluey one. I'm having trouble creating backups of my games on dvd-r. I have a V 1.6 running a duox 2 chip evo x dash as well as the option of avalaunch. I"m using evo x. I have no trouble fpt'ing to my pc I'm using craxtion4 and clone xb 2.3, create iso no worries but go to burn the iso and this is where the trouble starts I'm using a Sony DRU 700 dual layer burner with the latest firmware . When using clone xb dvd dycrypter is the defualt burning program but when I put the backed up disk in the xbox I get unknown disk the same applies if I burn the image with nero 6 or alcohol 120% can some one please tell me where i'm going wrong as I'm at the end of my rope. The media I have tried is shintaro dvd-r, tdk dvd-+r, databank dvd-r, ritek dvd-r and base dvd-r also some +r's. I don't think it is the media as i can get it to recognize movies recorded on databank dvd-r. Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 makaveli91

makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 December 2004 - 06:56 AM

Try the backup forums with their tuts. You can click on my sig and follow that tut. There is also moogui which copies the filestructure of the original xbox game. As for burning the iso, try Nero 6 and follow the instructions that come with the tutorial in my sig. Burn it on its slowest speed, then if that works work up a notch. I always burn at 2.5X.

EDIT: I took the iso burning link outta my sig. Its the "Using quix in 10 steps tutorial". Its in the backup forum.

Edited by makaveli91, 22 December 2004 - 06:57 AM.

#3 makaveli91

makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:05 AM

OK, i added the links in my sig again. Click on them. I use both methods as they both work awesome. Moogui is good if you have a game that has a lot of files in it like KOTOR1 and 2, etc. Qwix is also awesome.. So its your own preference. I try one, and if i don't like it i try the next. Have fun.

#4 screwman

screwman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:11 AM

i'M down loading one now as we speak but is it going to make any difference which program I use?

#5 makaveli91

makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:18 AM

I'm not sure. I mean, its worth a try at least. If your xbox can read the dvd data on your disc (which is an ISO file) and can't read your backup of your game, then to me it seems like it could be your method. If you try moogui there is a new version on the website, get it. Well actually it wil be the only version there.

#6 screwman

screwman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE(makaveli91 @ Dec 22 2004, 05:21 PM)
I'm not sure.  I mean, its worth a try at least.  If your xbox can read the dvd data on your disc (which is an ISO file) and can't read your backup of your game, then to me it seems like it could be your method.  If you try moogui there is a new version on the website, get it.  Well actually it wil be the only version there.

View Post

OK now when i burn the image on nero can I just select burn image and then select the game image and simply burn it?

#7 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE(screwman @ Dec 22 2004, 03:36 AM)
OK now when i burn the image on nero can I just select burn image and then select the game image and simply burn it?

View Post

That is exactly what you do wink.gif Simply load the image and burn. If a warning pops up saying the image might be corrupted, do you want to fix it? HIT NO

#8 makaveli91

makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:37 AM

Select burn image to disc. Then it'll bring up the option to pick the file. Select it. Then on the bottom of the window you now have click on the nero button. It will bring you into another part of the program. Make sure that the speed is set to a slow speed. Click on the foreign tab and make sure everything is greyed out. Then click burn.

#9 screwman

screwman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE(makaveli91 @ Dec 22 2004, 05:40 PM)
Select burn image to disc.  Then it'll bring up the option to pick the file.  Select it.  Then on the bottom of the window you now have click on the nero button.  It will bring you into another part of the program.  Make sure that the speed is set to a slow speed.  Click on the foreign tab and make sure everything is greyed out.  Then click burn.

View Post

Does it matter if the burn is multi session or not? also the iso icon is in win rar form does that matter

#10 makaveli91

makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:47 AM

as long as it is XXXXX.iso with XXX representing your game. No you don't want a multisession.

#11 screwman

screwman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE(makaveli91 @ Dec 22 2004, 05:50 PM)
as long as it is XXXXX.iso    with XXX representing your game.  No you don't want a multisession.

View Post

I've been burning without unchecking multisession do you think this could be the problem?

#12 makaveli91

makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:56 AM

Yes, and i say that assuming that creating a multisession disc will burn the iso onto the dvd but not finalize the dvd.. as it will be ready for another session... which you would need to use an RW for.... I could be wrong. But unchecking it might solve your problem.. The only way to find out is to actually try it.

EDIT: If i'm wrong with this please let me know

Edited by makaveli91, 22 December 2004 - 08:02 AM.

#13 screwman

screwman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE(makaveli91 @ Dec 22 2004, 05:59 PM)
Yes, and i say that assuming that creating a multisession disc will burn the iso onto the dvd but not finalize the dvd.. as it will be ready for another session... which you would need to use an RW for....  I could be wrong.  But unchecking it might solve your problem.. The only way to find out is to actually try it.

View Post

Thanx for your tips I will try them out if I have any more problems I will post it them on this forum. i hope this may help anyone else who is trying to back up games. If anyone else has any tips i'm all open to suggestions.

#14 makaveli91

makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:03 AM

No problem.

#15 darkplayer

darkplayer