#1 loffler

loffler

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 08:43 AM

Hi,
I have been using tHC true blue dash for a while now and have decided to look what else is out there.
I came accross Dash2Gam 2.3 and have managed to get it working by editing the pro config.
There are a few things this dash doesnt seem able to do that tHC can and also a couple things I cant get working.

Firstly is there any way to get more than 1 HDD menu on the root menu (intead of having "hard drive" then apps and games, have apps and games on the root?

Secondly is it possible to have submenus under games? Currently I have so many games on HDD that I split them into sport, racing etc.
My ideal menu would be - Games - Racing - NFSU2. Can this be done in Dash2Gam there doesnt seem to be enough options?

The other thing I cant get working is the shortcuts to applications. I have filled in the xbmc info under the applications part of config and assigned it a button sequence, but it comes up with an error message.
Here is what I have:
[ConfigSysteme]
19=Xbox Media Center

[Applications]
1=Xbox Media Center
2=F:
3=Apps\\Media Players\\Media Center
4=default.xbe

[ConfigBoutonsMainMenu]
25=Xbox Media Center

Also how do you put more than 2 applications under the [Applications] menu. this is what I have that tried and doesnt work.

[Applications]
1=Xbox Media Center
2=F:
3=Apps\\Media Players\\Media Center
4=default.xbe
5=EvolutionX 3935
6=F:
7=Apps\\Dashboards\\EvolutionX 3935
8=default.xbe

This is a great dash and I would like to get it working the same way as tHC and this is all thats stopping me using it full time.
Thanks

#2 Dark_Light

Dark_Light

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 December 2004 - 02:29 PM

hi

i've just heard about this new dash... im used to use the evox dash

now i wanted to try this one and i've already downloaded it from th site

i've already took a look at the readme files that comes with all the other files

i've followed the steps of the instalation part

now the problem is, when i order the xbox to run the Dash2Gam the screen goes black and returns to the evox dash

i've tried to open it with the file xplorer of the XBMC and its the same there....

can some one help me on this??

since i do not understand mutch of ini files..... how do i do to make the Dash2Gam the default dash, keeping the evox only to "emergencies"....

thx

Edited by Dark_Light, 23 December 2004 - 02:37 PM.

#3 xboxfrizzy

xboxfrizzy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 08:39 PM

I have had the same problem. I place it in the right spot on the harddrive. Tell evox to load the dash2gam xbe, and it just goes back to evox. I would really like to try this dash but am stuck on how to correctly configure it. Please help. TIA

Dash2Gam folder in root of E:
Dash2Gam xbe in root of E:
changed config.ini to novice

Is there any type of xbox configurations that are incompatible with dash2gam, such as bioses or dashes or softmod exploits.

#4 xboxfrizzy

xboxfrizzy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:11 PM

Is there anything that must be changed in the config files before it will load?

#5 Sigwood

Sigwood

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 December 2004 - 09:44 PM

Could someone explain how I would get my emulator icons to display?

I put .xbx files into the Icons.xip file corresponding to the directory names of the emulators, and I have icon+jbone set to display in the submenu.

But it won't work, so I must be missing something.

A quick icon tutorial would be very helpful.

Thanks.

#6 Sigwood

Sigwood

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 01:20 AM

Actually, I think I figured it out.

#7 kanaberra

kanaberra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:SK8, Music (electro-lounge-dub) & Geekin'

Posted 25 December 2004 - 01:49 AM

lo wink.gif

so i'll try my best to help out... gonna write some tuts soon wink.gif

* for the icons, the checklist is:
- icon name = directory name (where the default.xbe is)
- add an entry for that icon in default.xap of Icon.xip
- set the orb item in hdd submenu on "icon" or "icon+..."

* black screen mostly means that the dash was launched w/ an evox bios => not compatible w/ that bios so far as i know... but just works fine w/ others ?!

* loffler: your conf seems ok for me, let me check some things to help you... i'm back on my box next week... thx for your patience

happy christmas time wink.gif

br

k

#8 Sigwood

Sigwood

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 03:12 AM

I actually already figured out the icon problem, but thank you anyway, I was able to confirm from your checklist that I am doing it correctly now. I didn't realize that the default.xap had to be changed. My emulators are very happy now. Thanks again!

#9 emotion

emotion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:xbox gaming, anime, asian movies
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 25 December 2004 - 09:00 AM

dash2gam v2.3 doesn't work with nkpatcher v9.0 and v10.0 for me
it won't load...everytime i try to run dash2gam from unleashx it always get back to unleashx
it has worked fine before when i used nkpatcher v8.1...

#10 Hayabusa1300cc

Hayabusa1300cc

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 December 2004 - 02:09 AM

HI I downloaded the dash and just FTPed the files and folders to the root of C and E including the xbe dash and it will not load. I easily got the EVOX dash to work just by putting the evox.ini and evoxdash.xbe in the root of C.
For the Dash2gam is there more I should be doing? Link to a SBS tutorial? any help needed

#11 Dark_Light

Dark_Light

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE(emotion @ Dec 25 2004, 09:31 AM)
dash2gam v2.3 doesn't work with nkpatcher v9.0 and v10.0 for me
it won't load...everytime i try to run dash2gam from unleashx it always get back to unleashx
it has worked fine before when i used nkpatcher v8.1...

View Post

Sorry, but what is the nkpatcher??

#12 emotion

emotion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE(Dark_Light @ Dec 27 2004, 12:26 AM)
Sorry, but what is the nkpatcher??

View Post

info about nkpatcher is here:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=230608

now i have to explain more about my configs:

before: i've got my xbox soft-modded by uxe (fonts 7.1 + nkpatcher v8.1) and PBL-Lite (bfm x2 4981.06) = dash2gam works fine

now: because nkpatcher since version 9 supports lba48 there is no need to use pbl-lite (or another bios loader) and i use only uxe + nkpatcher v10 = dash2gam doesn't work, it won't load

as i've noticed with modchip on dash2gam works fine.... but i just want running both metods

#13 Dark_Light

Dark_Light

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 06:23 PM

So, from what i've read, nkpatcher is another way of loading game backups in the xbox, right?...

Now, the problem is I dont know if Iam runing PBL because i've got a chip on my xbox...

I dont want to make the chip unusable, because it alows me to boot the xbox normal or with the chip on... ( i can still go live and transfer music into it): if i just press the on buton it loads the M$dash, if i hold it, it loads the dashboard i'm using: evox.

is there any way of having the three sistems at the same time???

or instead os loading evox, load nkpatcher....

Sorry but i'm a noob on this, and since i live in portugal, "the ass of the world", I didn't find no one that could explain this right, yet tongue.gif

«waiting for help» beerchug.gif

#14 emotion

emotion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 08:02 PM

if you've got the modchip working and if you aren't into softmods then you may keep it all as it is smile.gif
also in that way you don't need to use nkpatcher because it's pointless for you (you have working modchip and you can go live through standart MS dash) rolleyes.gif

#15 Dark_Light

Dark_Light

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE(emotion @ Dec 27 2004, 08:33 PM)
if you've got the modchip working and if you aren't into softmods then you may keep it all as it is  smile.gif
also in that way you don't need to use nkpatcher because it's pointless for you (you have working modchip and you can go live through standart MS dash)  rolleyes.gif

View Post

I know that.... but isn't there a way to make the Dask2Gam work in my xbox??

or does it only work in xbox modded without chip???

I've been on the site of the dash but i dont understand nothing there because its french....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users