#1 drthee

drthee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:xbox modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:33 AM

I was thinking of this yesteday, it may be very stupid, but if it works it would be ery great.

If your xbox connects to xbox live, it checks for updates of the dashbard, i don't how how it finds the MS server through dns or just the ip, this does'nt even matter. So what i was thinking of was running a fake live update server and let it install a softmod like the ude. You can simply run a dns server on your desktop pc and which tells the xbox that liveupdate.MS.com or what else the xbox looks for is 192.168.0.1 by entering the dns server ip in your xbox configuration. If someone can write a program which fakes the live update server you can very easily softmod your xbox. I don't know if the live server uses any encryption but if so there always is a possibility to crack it, if you use enough computers though :S.

Think of the possibilitys if it works, someone on the internet runs a dns server and someone runs this fake server, you then only have to connect your xbox to the internet with this dns server and your xbox is softmodded.

I only give it a little chance to work because i geuss someone elso also thought of this before, but you never know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users