slappydooda

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:59 AM

I have a v1.0 xbox with a broken ethernet prot. By "broken" I mean that it does not light up and when I plug my xbox into a network, it doesn't recognize it. I have another v1.0 xbox with a working ethernet port. Is it possible to put the working port in my xbox with the broken port? If so, would someone care to explain how (if it's more complicated then just unsoldering the old one and soldering the new one)? Could it be possible the they problem isn't in the port itself but somewhere else? Any help would be great.

#2 Perplexer

Perplexer

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts
  • Interests:Fish with big teeth
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 December 2004 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE(slappydooda @ Dec 23 2004, 08:30 PM)
I have a v1.0 xbox with a broken ethernet prot. By "broken" I mean that it does not light up and when I plug my xbox into a network, it doesn't recognize it. I have another v1.0 xbox with a working ethernet port. Is it possible to put the working port in my xbox with the broken port? If so, would someone care to explain how (if it's more complicated then just unsoldering the old one and soldering the new one)? Could it be possible the they problem isn't in the port itself but somewhere else? Any help would be great.

View Post

90% chance that the port is fine and that the ethernet controller chip is damaged. It's not the easiest task, but you can install a new ICS PHY (the 48-pin rectangular chip near the yellow DVD cable connector, marked "ICS" on the top.) I also sell the chips, and provide a repair service. Further details in my signature.

Cheers,
Plex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users