4 replies to this topic

#1 bigd0254

bigd0254

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 December 2004 - 06:54 AM

ok i finally got the MA exploit to load up using ltools 1.8. after the matrix style screen, ltools came up and i folled direction from a forum, which said to then scroll down and select UDE install, but only UXE was available. i selected it and it went through the linux installation, and it then said it was safe to turn off the box. when iturning it on, ltools comes up and just has the basic info for the xbox (which says it is a v1.1-v1.2? is this a reliable way to determine the version of your machine? and the only option i have is to return to my MS dash. also i cannot connect to my xbox using smartFTP while in ltools, even though it shows the static IP. any suggestions? thanks a lot guys i'm almost there!

Edited by bigd0254, 24 December 2004 - 06:55 AM.

#2 TheAgedGamer

TheAgedGamer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 December 2004 - 04:31 PM

Sounds as if your booting with the tray open. Boot with the tray closed and your new dashboard should appear. Depending on which dash board you installed, you can setup you IP in that dashboard's settings menu. Check out the tutorials, there's plenty of info on how to do this.
Good Luck!!!

#3 bigd0254

bigd0254

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 12:03 AM

FINALLY EVOX IS INSTALLED! i reinstalled using ltools 1.7.5 and it worked perfectly. which leads to my final question. i still cannot connect to my xbox using SmartFTP, i am a complete noob to networking, but it doesnt seem too hard. is there a better FTP program i can use, and is there any particular settings i must change on my pc? BTW i'm using a simple crossover cable. thanks a lot, everybodys been a great help!

#4 forthex

forthex

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 December 2004 - 12:27 AM

with ltools the Evox IP is 192.168.0.3, and the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 So, make your computer's IP 192.168.0.2 (the last number can be 1 to 223, except 3) and the subnetmask would be 255.255.255.0 . Once you make the changes on your comp, reboot the xbox (if it was already turned on) with the crossover cable plugged in to your xbox and your comp, load up smartFTP, and it should work.

BTW, if you can't stand the damn xbox booting to ltools with the tray open ( I know i do), copy the Bios loader's default.xbe and the other files in the E:/BiosLD folder, copy them to the C drive, rename the .xbe to dualboot.xbe, and the xbox will load the Evox with or without the tray closed.

#5 bigd0254

bigd0254

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 12:49 AM

how can i change my IP and subnet mask on my pc? when i select properties, or status under the connection i can find any way to change it? like a said, i'm a complete noob to networking lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users