#1 bugme2

bugme2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 December 2004 - 08:59 AM

So, let me start off from why I even wanted to mod my xbox.

My xbox's HD randomly became unlocked, and I could not get it to lock back up. In the process of trying, i fried the HD.

So I ordered a new one off eBay, and ofcourse, the MOBO and the HD have to match.

Then what I was getting was a 07 error on the Xbox error message screen.

So a friend of mine sold me the X-BIT chip. Im not sure of the version exactly.

Now, when trying to install, I first noticced the holes that appeared in the pictures were filled up by some type of silver in my xbox. So i just decided to push down and do it anyway. I dont know how that worked out really. Anyway, it seemed to go into place, so that doesnt seem to be a problem.

However, I am COMPLETELY lost on what to do next. Still getting the 07 error. I do not know what Bios to download, and what I have to do once I do download it. If you guys could please give me some simple detailed instructions, so my Xbox will simply be playable again, that would be GREAT. Ive been stressing this for a while and cant seem to get it to work.

Ive tried the Xbit bios software for Evox's bin file, but that didnt work for me either.

#2 bugme2

bugme2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 06:14 PM

bump

Also, I flashed it now with M8 Plus 16 and the modchip now lights up green when i turn on the xbox, and i switched the ide cables and put a jumper on the HD and am now getting a 06 error. What shoudl i do

#3 bugme2

bugme2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 06:31 PM

i put in my maxtor 40gb hd and am not getting an error 16

#4 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 December 2004 - 08:48 PM

thats because there is probably no files on the 40gb hdd - assuming its a new one anyway. Get yourself a copy of slayers auto installer, that should sort your problem out.

#5 bugme2

bugme2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 02:03 AM

i downloaded the slayer and burnt it to a disc (cd recordable) and put it in the xbox and nothing happened. still getting the error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users