lyricis

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 December 2004 - 04:30 PM

Ok here's the problem.

I have a CDRW with Slayers Auto-Installer v2.6. Great, right? Ok... With an option in the program I told it to install XBMC(P) on my computer. Unfortunately it doesn't look to be XBMC, it looks to be XBMP 2.4+.

With XBMP 2.4+ I can't listen to my soundtracks already on my harddrive, nor can I see any of my movie files or view any movies from my other CDRWs. I pretty much can't do anything with it and its taking up space on the E drive of my XBox.

The Slayers program comes with many options. Although, some are a bit hard for me to understand. I want to know if there is a way to delete that version of XBMP from my harddrive and if so, will that space be returned to the E drive, or is it lost forever?

Can the XBMP 2.4+ be fixed some way? Does an older version of Slayers Auto-Installer have a working version of XBMC instead of XBMP?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

#2 8itgreat

8itgreat

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 December 2004 - 07:28 AM

slayers 2.6 has both man...they dont make xbmp anymore its dead...i still have it and use it once in a blue moon...xbmc rocks bigtime...if you dont like it then ftp into your xbox and delete the folder called xbmp....not sure if you can just install xbmc by itself on slayers 2.6...it really dosent matter bro...xbmc comes out with new updates and or builds almost daily...

just grab the newest xbmc and ftp it to your f:/Apps folder on xbox..reboot ...before you reboot make sure you change the folder to read like XBMC if not edit your dash ini file to represent the new name...easiest to rename the folder to above...

once you get use to it and know all of its feature you can download and install scripts for online streaming (if you have broadband internet) play movie off your pc through network to tv...blah blah blah ...good luck

#3 lyricis

lyricis

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 December 2004 - 04:52 PM

That's some great ish! Thanks. Unfortunately I have another problem. I can't FTP to my XBox! I don't know what the problem is. I've tried many ways, FlashFXP, SmartFTP, even IE and I can't seem to do it.

In the EvoX menu of my XBox, I enabled FTP, not to mention, everything else is visible there as well; my IP address, basically everything I need to no in regarding to FTP. I noticed something else, my harddrive is security locked. Will this prohibit me from FTPing to my XBox.

The Slayer Auto-Installer v2.6 disc I have gives me an option to unlock the harddrive. But it said something to effect of losing a Bios or something and I don't wanna lose anything without a way of returning things. Basically, I don't wanna mess anything up. With that said, if I unlock the harddrive, will I then be able to FTP, or should I already be able to do that with the option enabled? If I unlock the harddrive from the option listed, what all do I lose?

Sorry for the long posts, I'm just trying to be as thorough as possible.

#4 kurtdawg

kurtdawg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:12 AM

I know I am late with this one, But if you are still not connecting through the network I have the solution for you.. I ran into the same problem you have, but I was able to figure it out...and It worked (now you can only connect via ftp when your xbox is on the main menu of the dash. so first things first

1) Don't unlock your HD it will not boot when you turn your system off..
2)Your xbox Ip addy.. Is (192.168.0.?)
3) on your pc go to you network connections- to you ethernet card right click "properties". Internet protocol tcip click on that and then it says Properties click on that
4)The default setting on your network says " obtain Ip addy Automatically" Change that by clicking the radio button under that... now as your default Ip the xbox will only read your pc if you have set you pc as 192.168.0.1 .

Example Pc
Pc Ip 192.168.0.1
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
default gateway: (this is where you put the xbox ip) 192.168.0.?
you sould reboot you pc but you don't have to.. make sure the cross over is connected
Boot up your xbox with your evox boot disk or if you have a dash installed such as evox, Lava and so fourth. to the main menu. Use you Ftp Program. Create new connection. Name it xbox ip xbox ip addy User name xbox pass xbox and click connect ..
Your in

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users