haaglin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 24 December 2004 - 09:41 PM

This is a DVD remote from thrustmaster, that will also work for TV and dvd +++
That's why there is a Power button on it. Is it possible to modify the xbox to respond to this button? If so, does anybody know how to do it?

user posted image

#2 Sord_Fish

Sord_Fish

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 December 2004 - 10:07 PM

if the power button is enabled in xbox mode you could probably make a custom hex for XIR, but tbh there would be not much point if that remote works with XIR allready.

#3 haaglin

haaglin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 11:52 PM

Sorry to ask, but what is XIR and HEX for XIR, and how do i make a custom hex? Are there any guides? And how can i know if it works with XIR allready?

#4 Sord_Fish

Sord_Fish

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE(haaglin @ Dec 25 2004, 12:23 AM)
Sorry to ask, but what is XIR and HEX for XIR, and how do i make a custom hex? Are there any guides? And how can i know if it works with XIR allready?

View Post

THIS is XIR it is a chip and infra red receiver that listens to certain commands comming from the xbox dvd remote.

a HEX is the hexadecimal code that gets programmed to the chip.
a custom HEX would include a command to listen to the power button being pressed and turn the xbox on.

also how to tell if you remote works with it, best emailing them or see if anyone with the XIR and that remote let you know.

There are other websites that make a similar thing but with different button presses im sure a quick search you can find the best.

#5 Rohaq

Rohaq

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 02:28 AM

You could probably mod the XIR firmware manually to accept that power button's signal rather than the defaults, but you'd also have to build the XIR yourself to flash the chip.

#6 haaglin

haaglin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 11:27 PM

Ok. There is a problem. I dont think the power button is "enabled" in xbox mode, there is a led indicating when a button is pressed, but this don't light up when i press POWER in xbox mode. Has anyone tried modifying this remote? Does anybody know how to "Enable" the power button in xbox mode?

#7 haaglin

haaglin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 10:53 PM

The xbox function on the remote is pre programmed, but the rest is learning. If i don't assign anything to one of the buttons in dvd or something, the led dont light up, so i assume the powerbutton in xbox mode doesn't have any code assigned to it. Does anybody know a guide, or how to reprogram remotes? just to assign the powerbutton a signal the xbox can react to after building a XIR?

#8 Shillow

Shillow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 December 2004 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE(haaglin @ Dec 26 2004, 02:24 PM)
The xbox function on the remote is pre programmed, but the rest is learning. If i don't assign anything to one of the buttons in dvd or something, the led dont light up, so i assume the powerbutton in xbox mode doesn't have any code assigned to it. Does anybody know a guide, or how to reprogram remotes? just to assign the powerbutton a signal the xbox can react to after building a XIR?

View Post

well, i think if you were to purchase an XIR, and then program the power button in xbox mode to the button combination the XIR listens for to contorl power, then it may work. I would test for you, but i dont have an XIR nor the Thrustmaster remote.

Just a thought.

#9 haaglin

haaglin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 10:21 AM

Yes, that was what i was thinking of doing, but to program the remote i have to hold one of the buttons (DVD, VCR, TV etc. ) for about 3 seconds until the led turns constant red. But in xbox mode it's pre programmed, and this dont work, so i dont know how to assign the powerbutton any function.

#10 haaglin

haaglin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 10:36 PM

II have opened the remote, but i still don't understand anything. Go to the url below to se the picture (Large image!! 1,6mb)

Remote inside

Any help is welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users