#1 PDG1

PDG1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 25 December 2004 - 08:40 AM

yea, this has prolly already been covered but... I was wondering if anyone knew how the heck I'm suposed to get This XBMC onto my Xbox... I just installed the modchip today... an XBit... the lil' LED is on so i know she's gettin power @ least.
one of the main reasons i got the chip was so i could install XBMC onto it... I suppose i shoulda gotten more prepared... but i didn't... so here i am:P
now, I don't have it networked... infact, i'm not even sure if the Flashing works... it's always telling me " ERROR- Error reading CMD_GET_STATUS reply" when i try to connect ,so I might have screwed something over when i was putting the chip in... i'm not sure.
I spent all day trying to figure this out... but all i Could come up with were some answeres... but not the ones i needed... like... I think I need a bios... but i don't know where to get it... and i'm pretty sure it's kinda bad for me to ask about where to get it... so where am i supposed to ask about where i should ask about it? or am i doomed?
and i also read something about the Dashboard (one of the few things i think i actually understand). popular ones are XBMC and Evox..yatta yatta... but without an FTP network thingy... how should i get it on there? and can i copy the original files on there and just put them into some sorta "safe spot" till i can get a network between my PC and XBox?

someone please help me... I'm desperate...

#2 Dangerously_Cheesy

Dangerously_Cheesy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:What doesn't interest me? :P
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 December 2004 - 11:24 AM

First things first: You need to flash your Xbit with a hacked bios! If you have a v1.0-1.5 Xbox then choose the X2_4983.06 bios and if you have a v1.6 Xbox then you have NO other choice than the M8Plus_16 bios. Both can be obtained from Xbins (use search...I know you aren't THAT lazy...). This error messege can mean a few things: The chip isn't properly installed (re-align it if its installed solderlessly) or if there is a problem with the size of the bios.

Next is to get FTP access and FTP your programs/dashboard over. This can be done by making a evox/Avalaunch bootdisk. This is NOT hard and I can break it down for you fairly easily:
*Obtain the dashboard of choice to make a bootdisk from (Evox or Avalaunch)
*Edit the Evox.ini/Avalaunch.xml to reflect the true network settings/enable ftp.
*Make a dummy file (obtain the dummy maker from www.teamxecuter.com from the downloads section) or find a large file over 300MB in size and drag it inside the folder containing all the dashboard files.
*Make into an xISO. Use QWIX or Craxtion (both can be found in the tools section) and select the folder containing the dashboard/dummy file.
*Open Nero and Burn the iso as an Image. Make sure settings are as this
-Write (checked)
-Finalize (checked)
-Disk-at-Once
-LOWEST POSSIBLE BURN SPEED AVAILABLE
Burn. Make sure you use a NEW CDRW or a DVD-R.

Choose the bank on the XBIT with the hacked bios and pop the newly created boot disk into the Xbox...it should boot up to the dashboard you chose and you can now FTP into the Xbox from your PC with a FTP client of your choice. Once connection is extablished then you can send over the files that you want and be merry biggrin.gif

Merry Xmas my friend and good luck.

#3 PDG1

PDG1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 25 December 2004 - 07:14 PM

wow:D thanks
you know... after i wrote this post... I took a look at that thing about "how to get people to ignore your post" and saw that i did alot of those things...
thanks for not freaking out on me for askin stupid redundant questions. I'm gunna try again to get XBMC onto my Box today... i hope my chip doesn't need to be repositioned cuz I had great difficulty getting my box apart the first time... that's prolly bcuz i was a dipstick and i took out five of the 6 screws and tried prying the thing off... hurt myself a couple times... and grumbled about how the stupid tutorial said it would "come right off"... i recounted the screws and then kicked myeself, lol.
I hope i can get XBMC working soon, i wanna start skinning for it.

#4 Dangerously_Cheesy

Dangerously_Cheesy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:What doesn't interest me? :P
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 December 2004 - 08:48 PM

smile.gif Good luck my friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users