6 replies to this topic

#1 Viper1555

Viper1555

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 06:33 AM

heya all....

just spent about 4 hours trawling though forums and sites and tutorials and all that to try and find out how to get the pc to connect to the xbox....
i have Flash FXP and an Xbox with EVOX chip XTOOLBOX and all that... computer is running xp, has a network card and ive got the crossover cable running directly between them.
I setup my comps lan connection and it comes up as connected and when i turn the xbox off it says its been disconnected which is a good sign. but when im using fxp or using XTOOLBOX on the xbox i cant get either of them to connect.

ive put in the IP of my computer and tried to get the xbox to connect to mine while FXP is running and looked in settings and using the xboxs ip tried to get the pc to connect.... dunno if its got somthing to do with the port no. or somthing.

if this helps fxp says :
[R] Connecting to (XBOX's IP adress) -> IP=(XBOX's IP adress) PORT=21
[R] Connected to (XBOXs IP adress)
[R] Connection failed (Connection lost)
even though it says connected to it dosnt bring up the folders.

or if im disconnected from the internet with the lan running by itself without the internet interference, it says
[R] Connecting to (XBOX's IP) -> IP=(XBOX's IP) PORT=21
[R] Connection failed (No route to Host)

if u got any pointers or if its happened to you and got it working please help. would b much appriciated.....

#2 thehittmann

thehittmann

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 December 2004 - 12:17 PM

your network card and your xbox need to be configured so they are in the same IP Range.

if computer is 192.168.0.1 xbox should be 192.168.0.x
x being any other number <255 that is not equal to the number of your pc network card.

make sure you also have

username: xbox
password: xbox

which is the default setting of all xbox's for username and password.

#3 ybsober

ybsober

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 02:27 PM

I've got same problem. worst part is, i've got networking experience, but still can't solve this prob. Xbox and pc in same subnet, username and password left as default (xbox:xbox), network is connected at 100Mbps. nic operating fine (can conect with another computer fine) any ideas?

#4 ybsober

ybsober

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 12:44 AM

update: I have finally got the network up and running, but Flash FXP wll only connect when XBMC is runing on my xbox (xbox watch also appears to work). This is not an ideal situation. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

PS. sorry for resurrecting a dead thread.

Happy Christmas guys.

#5 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 December 2004 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE(ybsober @ Dec 26 2004, 05:15 PM)
update: I have finally got the network up and running, but Flash FXP wll only connect when XBMC is runing on my xbox (xbox watch also appears to work). This is not an ideal situation. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

PS. sorry for resurrecting a dead thread.

Happy Christmas guys.

View Post

Uh, are you running evox as your dash? You realize you have to be running a dash other than the MS one that acts as the FTP server. huh.gif

Edited by Mr Ed, 27 December 2004 - 01:32 AM.

#6 ybsober

ybsober

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 02:50 PM

sorry, yeah I'm running evox.

#7 ybsober

ybsober

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 09:17 PM

update: using the address "ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.0.15" i can also ftp to xbmc, but not evox. i guess that rules out any problem with flash fxp.

Edited by ybsober, 30 December 2004 - 09:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users