NightCrawlerVII

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 08:04 PM

Found a new Team Sofer Modchip for the XBOX:

user posted image

"This is a new mod released by team sofer that is ground breaking. It has several features that is unseen in previous mods such as the matrix and xecuter 2 (lite&pro). Some of the features are listed below...
-----------------------
-2mb bios size
-"Cloaktek" technology which allows for playing backups on XB LIVE
-0 wires!
-IR and RF Remote capability built-in + works with ANY universal IR or RF remote
-Compatible with both v1 and v1.1 consoles!
-High-quality PCB in your choice of colours (red/orange/black/blue/yellow/purple)
-External IC switch panel included
-In Game Reset
-HD upgrade
-USB and IR Flashable (flash with USB cable to PC, or any IR-enabled device [cell phone, PDA, etc])"

I have a Matrix on backorder, and am now having second thoughts! This is a SWEET modchip!

The EBay link this mod is being sold at!

#2 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 February 2003 - 08:08 PM

At first I thought COBRA COMMAND CENTER when I saw the picture...

Then I though, Modchip? Ummmm, OK, it must be April 1st, right? - but it's not, then

:::smacks forehead:::

It's on eBay!!!! There's the answer.

FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKITY FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKITY FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!

#3 nufan

nufan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 08:09 PM

-2mb bios size

those two interest me as im sure they interest many others...

im wondering how this cloaktek thing will work? if its true playing backups on xbox live is pretty huge yeah?

#4 theultimatechuff

theultimatechuff

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 February 2003 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (nufan @ Feb 22 2003, 09:09 PM)
-2mb bios size

those two interest me as im sure they interest many others...

im wondering how this cloaktek thing will work? if its true playing backups on xbox live is pretty huge yeah?

Pretty big in that it would make MS crackdown totally on mods instead of only stopping you playing live. And im betting this is fake.

#5 Tripamang

Tripamang

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 08:17 PM

Nufan from that diagram you can tell it's fake... like wtf is it doing with a heatsync looking thing on it. It doesn't have the size for proper pogo pin connectors.. and any sort of hardware attack on the xbox live stuff would require a bigger PCB especially if it was solderless... because the memory isn't evne close to the LPC slot

Ben is right it's bullshit

#6 NightCrawlerVII

NightCrawlerVII

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 08:21 PM

BenJeremy, please do me a favor and change that god-damn avatar! I don't know why but it pisses me off. Today was going by just fine, until I saw that damn avatar...and my expression went from cool.gif to mad.gif.

As for the modchip being fake, I highly dought that! I have been using eBay for around 4 years now, and have yet to file a complaint about receiving something fake. EBAy's policies are very strict, and nowadays if you don't receive the item in the exact condition it's listed as, or receive an item that is different from what you bid on in any way, you may file a fraud complaint for free, and are covered for up to $200.00. So, I can assure you it's not fake, and even if it turns out fake, then you are covered for up to $200.00. I'm just curious as to how it works.

#7 NightCrawlerVII

NightCrawlerVII

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 08:24 PM

Your best bet is to email the guy.

You can click here to e-mail him.

#8 nfmus

nfmus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 09:10 PM

Wow I can't wait to get my hands on that! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Your right, if it's on E-bay then it must be legitimate! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thanks NightCrawler I was having a bad day until I saw your posts it made my expression go from dry.gif to laugh.gif .

Edited by nfmus, 22 February 2003 - 09:10 PM.

#9 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (NightCrawlerVII @ Feb 22 2003, 04:21 PM)
BenJeremy, please do me a favor and change that god-damn avatar! I don't know why but it pisses me off. Today was going by just fine, until I saw that damn avatar...and my expression went from  cool.gif to  mad.gif.

As for the modchip being fake, I highly dought that! I have been using eBay for around 4 years now, and have yet to file a complaint about receiving something fake. EBAy's policies are very strict, and nowadays if you don't receive the item in the exact condition it's listed as, or receive an item that is different from what you bid on in any way, you may file a fraud complaint for free, and are covered for up to $200.00. So, I can assure you it's not fake, and even if it turns out fake, then you are covered for up to $200.00. I'm just curious as to how it works.

First off, why does my avatar make you so angry, and more importantly, why should I give a damn? huh.gif

Secondly, eBay does not allow the sale of mod chips or modded Xboxes. If they knew of the sale, they would end it immediately, regardless of whether or not it was fake.

It's a fake. Trust me on this one; but feel free to spend your own money to find out, and just try and get eBay to refund you for an illegal auction item. laugh.gif

Edited by BenJeremy, 22 February 2003 - 09:19 PM.

#10 Dirkbox

Dirkbox

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 09:28 PM

Ben could you plese delete this post and the matrix clonze.

SPAM pisses me off!!!!

This is a blatent piss take, now tell them to go away.

Thx
rolleyes.gif

#11 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Dirkbox @ Feb 22 2003, 05:28 PM)
Ben could you plese delete this post and the matrix clonze.

SPAM pisses me off!!!!

This is a blatent piss take, now tell them to go away.

Thx
rolleyes.gif

Well, it's technically not spam. The NightCrawlerVII is NOT the eBay poster (different states, according to info I have), though he has poor taste in avatars.

I do think somebody should report the auction. That would eliminate any potential problems there.

The auction seller, BTW, does not have a seller's rating. This should make people suspicious. He has only previously done business as a buyer.

This chip is a FAKE - no question about it.

If nothing else, the "2MB BIOS" should be an obvious tip off. While technically possible (as 2x1MB multi), it's not worth the bother. The next X2 BIOS (4975) will probably be 512k, not even 1MB - not to say that might not be a usable feature in the future, but you'll NEVER see a contiguous 2MB BIOS. The IR thing is another tip off. That one is just plain silly.

So it's not spam, even if the auction is pure bull.

#12 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 09:42 PM

HAAA HAAAA....

it's a damn 13 year old moron... take a look at his 'other' auction:

his CATHOLIC CONFIRMATION GOWN!!!!

Geez, if that isn't a tip off that this is a rip off, I don't know what could be.

I guess this kid has some awesome electronic design and manufacturing capabilities, right in his parent's basement!!! rotfl.gif

#13 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 22 February 2003 - 09:54 PM

Somebody with an eBay ID should report this.

Definitely NOT on the up-and-up.

#14 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 February 2003 - 10:05 PM

I agree. I like ebay and for most things it is great. BenJeremy is right though there is no protection for the sale of an illegal item, I noticed that the item has over 6 days left and I doubt that it will even reach the end of the auction before ebay cancels the auction. The guy actually listed MOD in the title discription which isn't a good idea. Those more intelligent would have something in the description like VERY RARE!!!!!!! which will grab people's attention without advertising that you have an illegal item for sale. The diagram that is posted doesn't look very convincing either, If this were a real modchip we would be hearing about it right and left from all of those who are keeping an eye out for the next generation chips. None of the reputable sites that I know of carry this chip. It's your money but this has the same stench to it as a XBOX FOR $25!!!!! listing.

#15 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 February 2003 - 10:26 PM

It is done. This auction has been reported. Sorry nightcrawler but I am sure you will thank me for it later. I wonder if the kid selling this is related to Matrix Man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users