drastic

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 December 2004 - 03:25 AM

Hey guys thought I'd post up my recent experience with live bannings...

1.0 Xbox/X2Lite/200gb HD

I hadn't played Xbox Live for a month or so until Halo2 came out, I signed on sometime that week with RAINBOW 6 3 ( I didn't have Halo 2 yet ). Played that night fine and went to bed....woke up with the dreaded modded xbox error.

From what I've gathered so far this is because I upgraded my HD sometime after a certain Xbox Live update (120gb to 200gb).

What I did to get back on and not be banned (for 3 days at least) was to take a HD and EEPROM (note: from the SAME 1.0 xbox). I formatted the HD with Slayers 2.6 to restore it to original format, then flashed eeprom and locked. I have to say here that this Xbox (the one I took the eeprom/stock HD from) WAS signed onto Live around when counterstrike came out.

So far I've been on Live almost 3 days and I'm not banned, keeping my fingers crossed because I'm only 3 months into the annual subscription and reallllly don't wanna buy another Xbox!!!!

I'll also note that I actually CANCELLED this gamertag, but reinstated it when I realized that I was not on the MONTHLY subscription, but the annual.

#2 xbox_Steve

xbox_Steve

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:porkbusting....halo2...school.....apchem...video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 December 2004 - 03:30 AM

well thats good news to hear and great that you were able to get back on
have fun with XBL
beerchug.gif