11 replies to this topic

#1 scotty562

scotty562

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 04:17 AM

I was installing a chip on a 1.6 and i messed up a few traces, resulting in a frag.

These tiney gold lines are incredibly small. How do you go about repairing these?

Thanks in advance.

#2 senator

senator

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 December 2004 - 04:25 AM

This would depend on which traces you have stuffed up!!!
You will need to trace them back to a point where a wire can be soldered and then solder a link across the open track to the other side where a point is large enough to solder a wire...

#3 scotty562

scotty562

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE(senator @ Dec 27 2004, 04:56 AM)
This would depend on which traces you have stuffed up!!!
You will need to trace them back to a point where a wire can be soldered and then solder a link across the open track to the other side where a point is large enough to solder a wire...

View Post

I found this post after refining my search. http://forums.xbox-s...325406&hl=trace

It should be stickied!

I messed up a trace on a 1.6 mobo when sodering the first wire after the do and activity llights. I'm going to try this guide and hopfuly it will at least boot up.

One other thing i do have a question about is the actual silver piece that was attached to the trace, that lifted off and now I have no clue what to do about that.

http://www.teamxecut...v16_rebuild.jpg this silver thing to be exact (the red one)

Edited by scotty562, 27 December 2004 - 05:02 AM.

#4 scotty562

scotty562

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE(scotty562 @ Dec 27 2004, 05:31 AM)
I found this post after refining my search. http://forums.xbox-s...325406&hl=trace

It should be stickied!

I messed up a trace on a 1.6 mobo when sodering the first wire after the do and activity llights. I'm going to try this guide and hopfuly it will at least boot up.

One other thing i do have a question about is the actual silver piece that was attached to the trace, that lifted off and now I have no clue what to do about that.

http://www.teamxecut...v16_rebuild.jpg this silver thing to be exact (the red one)

View Post

Anyone have any information that could help me out?

#5 senator

senator

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 01:25 AM

If you are saying you lifted the track on the little circle pad you soldered a wire to and now its open circuited the track, you need to run a wire following that track from where ever you can solder it to, and bypass the open circuit by soldering the wire across the damaged track to another point...
Maybe a pic of your damage and some more help may be given ????

#6 Redneck of the Xbox

Redneck of the Xbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 02:27 AM

Wow dude, i lifted the xact same tract about 5 mins ago. Im a very experienced modder and this is a clients box. Ive never done this but the reason it happened is becasue i actually fell asleep at the iron. I feel like beating my self. Well im about to try and fix it. All i get now is FRAG. Ive never done this before.....inmany many many many many many xboxs.

#7 senator

senator

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 02:30 AM

I know it's real easy to do....That's why the PCB 1.6 LPC rebuild board is OK...Coz it makes it harder to stuff the tracks by lifting them..... smile.gif
Good Luck and maybe send him a pick or how you bypassed it???

#8 Redneck of the Xbox

Redneck of the Xbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 02:36 AM

hat's why the PCB 1.6 LPC rebuild board is OK...Coz it makes it harder to stuff the tracks by lifting them....

Huh? im really tired, but can u explain that a little better please. lol

#9 senator

senator

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 02:56 AM

http://www.au-hacker...rebuild_pcb.php

Hope that explains it???? No need to rebuilt the LPC with wires anymore....
and accidently rip the tracks off...

#10 scotty562

scotty562

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 03:06 AM

Well, I fixed my mobo.

And i must be missing something because I dont see how that plate could keep me from being forced to solder wires.. if someone could clear this up for me that would be great.

#11 dMclaren

dMclaren

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 09:18 AM

The PCB lies across the bottom of the mobo and has solder points at all of the traces for the LPC rebuild. Takes about five seconds to line the thing up and get it all soldered. Just stick a pin header through after that step, finish up the solders for that, and stick the d0 wire to the appropriate place on the PCB and you're set.

#12 LSCerberus

LSCerberus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 06:54 PM

THe big problem with the PBC rebuild is that it doesnt tell you to attach the PBC untill you get to the LPC rebuild part which is LONG after youve installed the pinheaded. i find that a bit annoying, but oh well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users