#1 BoomAM

BoomAM

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 03:54 AM

Hi.
Im getting an xbox in a few days which aparentely has a Xecuter2 mod chip in it. Dont know the version. I have a few questions:
1) If i updated it to the latest version that it can do, what features would i get?
2) How to do the above.
3) With the Xecuter2, is it correct that i cannot use Xbox Live! ?
4) Is it possible to make it switchable between Xbox "normal" and "Xecuter2" on power on? So i can use Xbox live if needed.
5) With the latest version of Xecuter2, would it allow me to put a bigger HDD in the xbox?
6) If above is possible, would it affect, if possible, the ability to switch between "Normal and modded" modes?

Thanks in advance all.

#2 el_diablo

el_diablo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 28 December 2004 - 05:21 AM

1) not much
2) dont bother
3) you can but you will just get banned, so there is not point
4) you get banned either way..
5) the one you got will be able too..
6) no...

#3 BoomAM

BoomAM

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE(el_diablo @ Dec 28 2004, 05:52 AM)
1) not much
2) dont bother
3) you can but you will just get banned, so there is not point
4) you get banned either way..
5) the one you got will be able too..
6) no...

View Post

So if it doesnt add much what is the point in it?
So i cannot completely remove, or switch between the mod and normal mode at all?
How would i go about upgrading the HDD. The guides that i find, are, put simply, poor.

#4 B0N3D

B0N3D

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 02:58 PM

if you lock your hard drive, you can boot to the original M$ dash and play original games on XBox live.

The best thing for you to do is to get Slayers 2.6 auto installer boot disk. It pretty much does everything for you. Very easy to add a bigger HD and format it with Slayers.

#5 BoomAM

BoomAM

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 03:34 PM

What exactely is slayers boot disk?
Is it literally just that, a boot disk for xbox with some Utilites on it?

#6 BoomAM

BoomAM

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:51 PM

Does anyone have a link to where i can DL and a guide on how to use this Slayer thing. Because i cant find anything about it anywhere.

#7 BoomAM

BoomAM

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:00 PM

I cant find anything for download. Anywhere. Ive looked for the slayer thing, xbms & bios files for the xecuter2.
And all the guides i find seem to miss out ALOT of info at the beginning. Asuming i already know all the background stuff needed.

#8 BoomAM

BoomAM

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:47 AM

Someone?

Hes what ive managed to piece together thus far (correct me where im wrong):
The Xecuter2 is the mod chip, its "program" is run off the chips bios.
If i open the xbox up, and flip a switch on the modchip, it`ll allow me to access the advanced options of the modchip, like bios updating, and HDD upgrading.
The "dashboard" or the Xbox main GUI, is stored on the HDD. When upgrading the HDD, on a CD/DVD, a new dashboard must be on it, for transferal to the new HDD.
It is possible with Xecuter2 to have multiple GUIs on the xbox HDD, and have them selectable via how long i hold the power button in.
With the Xecuter2 in the xbox, i cannot access Xbox live at all.
If i remove the Xecuter2 chip completely from the xbox, the xbox essentially becomes a "normal" xbox, which, asuming MS hadnt banned me, can access Xbox Live.

Correct? Any changes to that/additions that you think should be added?

#9 Shebang

Shebang

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:54 AM

You can't just go out asking for a link to download apps and bios, that's against the rules. Try searching for "usual places" and you'll get an answer for all of your xbox needs.

As for all of your other questions, go check out some of the tutorials and look in the newbie chat. No offense or anything, but all the questions that you ask have been answered ten times over in that forum. Just slow down, and don't be so quick to keep asking questions, if your read some, and then come back with a more insightful question, people are more likely to help you out.

Edited by Shebang, 29 December 2004 - 02:56 AM.

#10 BoomAM

BoomAM

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 03:06 AM

Searching for "Usual Places", or other nonscence that people suggest here or on other board brings up sweetFA.
As for the rules. A list on how not to do a post? Just because the mods/experianced members cannot be arsed reading through a list of questions, is not a reason to label it as a bad thread. Nor is it bad for me to label the thread as i have done. A thread title needs to be discriptive of the situation. And it is. Im a N00b to Xbox modding. And i need help. Hence the title. Short. And. Descriptive.
And you`ll also notice that im not cristising the xbox itself. or you. Or other members, im simply speaking out on a critisism of yours which is flawed.

No offence like. But i get very annoyed when forum members on board ive just joined, start talking down to me. After tens of thousends of posts on 3 other forums, i think i know enough about forum etiquette.

Edited by BoomAM, 29 December 2004 - 03:17 AM.

#11 Jtech|I

Jtech|I

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 December 2004 - 08:26 AM

WOW, you must have a HARD life.... biggrin.gif

#12 BoomAM

BoomAM

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE(Jtech|I @ Dec 29 2004, 08:57 AM)
WOW, you must have a HARD life.... biggrin.gif

View Post

huh.gif

#13 TnTSCS

TnTSCS

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:27 PM

BoomAM

Listen... a little searching does wonders... you'll find everything you'll need about downloading and using stuff if you just search the forum...

I knew nothing about modding my xbox until I came to this site... I just looked at the main site for a couple of days to try to figure out what all the information meant. Then I looked at some tutorials and found the "usual place" everyone is talking about, right there on one of the tutorials.

I went to that "usual place" and was able to figure out how to get what I needed.

I then ordered my chip, got my chip installed, used the stuff I got from that "usual place" and bwam, my xbox successfully modded.

Just take your time, READ EVERYTHING... don't be lazy and just have people tell you what to do and how to do it when you can just search a little bit and find the information for yourself...

I understand you are a n00b, but come on, just don't be so lazy, do a little more searching... I promise you'll find something biggrin.gif

#14 TnTSCS

TnTSCS

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:29 PM

btw, I know this is for the X3, but it offers a lot of help when looking for the "usual places"

Unofficial X3 Guide & FAQ - v.2.0

it's on the MOD CHIP area of xb-scene

#15 BoomAM

BoomAM

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:34 PM

When will you all read my posts?
Ive read all the guides here, and on other sites. Ive browsed around, searched and read loads of posts on this forum, and other forums.
And still, it is no clearer to me. All ive managed to gleam thus far is what ive posted above, which you all seem intent on completely ignoring, just so you can start complaining about me using the search and reading about. When thats exactely what ive been doing. I still have no confirmation if what ive managed to piece together is correct or not.
So, rarther than every tom/dick/harry joining the thread and regurgitating what has already been said by another member, which, as with the first person, is unwarrented critisism, hows about we all get out of the loop of pointing out whats already been pointed out and help out with my problem? ie; confirming/correcting what ive managed to piece together. Or do you all want to carry on with the same point with different wording, just so more experianced members and the mods will "respect" you for seeing their, flawed, point of view on giving help to people new to the scene?
Your choice. But im rapidly losing confidence on ever getting any information off this forum at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users