Juniorman030790

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:15 AM

ok here's tha deal- i have a chipped xbox and wanna help a friend mod his w/o buying a chip for him or anything like getting mech assault. I would like to know what linux gets installed when u do the gamesave hack thing. i wanna put my friends hdd in my modded xbox and then install evox so i can ftp to his hdd then i wanna install whatever linux is on the gamesave hack so i can run his xbox hdd and it be modded w/o my chip ya following me...? Here's a list of my plans...

1. take out my hdd and put in friends stock hdd into my chipped box
2. install evox the normal way for a chipped box
3. ftp to friends hdd and put gamesave linux on his hdd so it will run the linux in the gamesave hack w/o a modchip
4. put his hdd in his xbox and it run like a modded box

gahh i hope u can understand this- i feel kinda like i was rambling on unsure.gif

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:21 AM

couple things wrong with that

1: your xbox will not boot his locked HD (error 6)

2: assuming you get past #1 you can put the gamesave on there, but you still wont be able to load it without the game

3: assuming you get past #2 th elinux in teh gamesave is generally used exclusively for flashing the TSOP (via raincoat) and really wont do much else (its just a simple command line interface)

anyway, if you want to softmod there are many tutorials in the softmod forums for hotswapping the HD with a PC to install a dashbaord exploit

if you want to flash the TSOP you still need to install a softmod, but also solder 2 points to write enable the TSOP then flash it (use the softmod to load evox or linux/raincoat and flash)

Edited by lordvader129, 28 December 2004 - 07:21 AM.

#3 TracerX

TracerX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:46 PM

Sounds like a job for a pc and xboxhdm to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users