SSJ4Gohan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:23 AM

I think the port is damaged. I am not sure what is wrong. I cant connect to the xbox though my PC via crossover cable, or though my router. Any ideas? Any way to fix this? Or what can I do?

#2 Mr.INSANE

Mr.INSANE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:28 AM

its most lileky a bad cable the ethernet port is pretty hardy but id do the follwoing simple things reset router just unplug it anda plug it back in thta usally fixes stuff also check the wires and make sure your not using the uplink port with uplink turned on if all else faisl look at the ethernewet port with a flash light and make sure all of the metal tabs are up if one of themm is down poke it with a screwdriover till it pops back up

#3 matthollands

matthollands

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:57 AM

did you used to be able to connect this way? maybe your IP settings/firewall/etc may be wrong.

#4 Perplexer

Perplexer

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts
  • Interests:Fish with big teeth
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 December 2004 - 01:10 PM

Actually the ethernet port is kind of fragile; I've repaired lots of them this season.

If you don't get a link light on your router or on the NIC port (or if the activity light is always on), then chances are good that your ethernet controller chip is damaged. I sell replacements (they are difficult to install, but not as bad as a RAM upgrade), or I offer a repair service. PM or check the links in my sig for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users