• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SmartAXX

SmartAXX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 04:25 PM

I've had the chip in for a couple of weeks and am having much trouble getting the dash to load. I had success with the M$ dash loading but nothing else. When I had started, I did get a certain X dash to load but had corruption trouble because I formatted my new drive with SmartXX os and it corrupted the drive. So, not being able to get Avacontrol to format the new drive, I hooked up the original drive and set the new drive to slave and used the 1-1 clone method to copy the original to the new drive. Now when I try to boot up from a new bios (no matter which one I choose except the original) the machine locks up on the Xbox screen and the sound just cycles. I've tried reloading the dash and reflashing the bios with no progress. I've read many tutorials which use different methods and am very confused. I should also mentioned that during my struggles I had the Ed on chip change on the screen to "Free" for no apparent reason, so I reflashed it. Does anyone have any advice? I would appreciate all responses.

#2 maclean216

maclean216

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 05:41 PM

put your orginal hard drive in and follow the post chip install tut below. I would recommend that you get comfortable playing with dashboards and other applications. Make sure the first thing you do is backup your eeprom and your xbox hard drive.

http://www.smartxx.c...htuser=0&page=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users